synopsis

When Willow Baldwin returns to figure eight after being banished to boarding school the whole island is buzzing for the long-awaited kook princess' return.

Willow was the breathing definition of a kook, being born and raised into the most powerful and wealthy family of the Outerbanks: a family consisting of secrets and lies hidden by the facade of old money lavish living. 

They ran the entire island, even the mention of the Baldwin family name can make anyone sit up straighter in their chair - that's the sort of effect they had on people.  

Due to her kook royalty status and her last name, she's the type of girl to either be loved or hated but somehow she managed to charm practically anyone with her dazzling smile and doe eyes. 

Everyone on the island knows she's not a stranger to the partying scene -  doing whatever it takes to try and get her father's attention or make her mother care about her existence

But after one almost fatal night, she was sent away across the country for supposedly her own good.

After a long year away she's finally returned and ready to cause her usual chaos on the island - Willow can only hope that doesn't involve Rafe Cameron

He was the boy she fell for last summer but ultimately left her heartbroken and betrayed in the end. But after all this time somehow she can't find it within herself to hate him, hate the boy who broke her heart. 

Willow wasn't a stranger to heartbreak and sometimes welcomed the feeling just to break her out of the numbness she felt on repeat. 

The truth was she still dreamt about the Rafe she knew, the person lost in her memory fabricated by her own nostalgia and romanticized by her broken heart.

Willow wasn't mad at herself for giving love to the wrong person; she knew Rafe needed it the most.