19: supposed to hate him

From the moment I woke up the sunlight was beaming through my windows. The air was humid and my bed sheets stuck to my already sweaty skin. I pulled my body out of my bed and threw on a white string bikini with a denim skirt to cover myself up.

I walked out the back doors and my feet hit the sand within seconds, I ran towards the water whilst unzipping my skirt and dropping it at my feet. The beach was secluded considering it was still early in the morning so I dipped my feet in the refreshingly cold water and dove in. The water immediately woke me up and swimming around only boosted my mood.

I was left satisfied over my talk with Rafe three days ago, I'd gained an insight into why he ever agreed to make that bet. From the way, he spoke to me and the look on his face he seemed genuinely sorry. Whilst there was no excuse for what he did I knew the person Rafe was before I left, and I knew the backstory of his father and just how quickly triggered he was when insulted especially when it comes to Ward.

It felt like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders telling at least someone about the night I almost died, I didn't even care it was Rafe the guy I was supposed to hate.

But now I was wondering if I really did hate him, or if I ever truly hated him at all.

I hadn't seen Rafe since our talk but I knew midsummers was coming up in a couple of days and I'd be forced to see him, I wasn't sure how I was supposed to act around him now after our truth session.

I tried not to think about him as I continued swimming around but after a while, my skin had completely pruned and my stomach was rumbling.

Whilist eating my breakfast in the kitchen I stayed in my bikinis with my hair damp and dripping down my back, I spent a few hours relaxing by the pool until I heard the doorbell ring. 

I ran to the front door figuring I was the only person home, my father was having an affair on the main island, Spencer was seeing a new girl and my mother was sleeping with our pool boy. 

Interesting family dynamic I had, both parents having affairs and staying in a loveless marriage and a brother who was either extremely protective or acted like I didn't exist.

I swung the front door wide open seeing Topper smiling on the other side. "Willa hey," he said stepping forward and hugging me.

"Hey Top, what's up?"

"You're coming to the club with me" He said with a wide smile moving inside my house.

"Well okay if I must" I rolled my eyes walking in front of him. I led him upstairs into my bedroom and I walked into the wardrobe as he waited out my bed. I changed into a pink and cream floral silk dress and blow-dried my hair before walking back into my bedroom.

"Take your time" Topper groaned standing up from the bed and walking out my door with me hot in his trail.

"I don't have to come with you right now my couch was pretty comfortable"

"Forget I said anything," he said turning his head back at me with a smile before continuing to walk downstairs. Once outside the house, we jumped into his grey Jeep wrangler and only fought about the music a few times, my friends always joked that I was the worst passenger but it wasn't my fault I wanted my music all the time.

After a remotely quick drive we pulled up to the country club and Topper handed his car keys off to the valet slipping him cash before we walked into the large property.

"Ooo ice cream?" I said excitedly as I started moving in that direction, Topper easily agreed and followed me straight to the small ice cream store in the club.