13: downfall

"Beach clean-up day, cmon, figure-eight tradition" Sarah announced walking into my house like it was her own. 

I'd completely forgotten about the cleanup day. It happened a few times a year where the youth would pick up trash from the beach. 

It was a tradition I was heavily on board with, the beach is so beautiful and we treated it horribly. Since the hurricane it was even more vital we participated. But currently, this was the last thing I wanted to do.

I stood up from my window seat and walked to my wardrobe, Sarah helped me pick out an outfit consisting of low-waisted cut-off denim shorts and a tank top with my blue flip-flops. 

"I'm actually excited," Sarah exclaimed as I unlocked my car and jumped in the driver's seat with her beside me.

"Eh it's the same thing every year," I said starting the car and rolling the roof down. I pulled out of the driveway and we drove down the open roads towards the beach with the music blaring. 

After a 5 minute drive, we pulled into the parking lot and jumped out of the car. We made it 3 feet away from the car when volunteers hastily chucked us orange bags and gloves. After grabbing what we needed we walked across the sand to find our friends. 

"Yo. You look thirsty!" Kelce suddenly moved in front of my body holding out a clear drink bottle of yellow-looking liquid. It looked like piss but who was I to judge. 

"What the hell is this?" I asked crinkling my nose and staring at the bottle now in my hands. I looked up at Kelce who had a sly grin and Rafe beside him with the same stoic look as always 

"Actually I don't really care" I shrugged. I bought the lip to my mouth before deciding to question the taste. 

"Ugh gross" I gagged almost choking at the horrid taste, I'm not sure I even want to know what was in that bottle.

"Yeah, Willa! that's how we do it, baby!" Kelce yelled with a smile.

"That shit is gross, what did you do to this?" I asked laughing.

"He's not playin' around" Rafe suddenly voiced edging slightly closer to me and grabbing the bottle from my hand. I watched him drink from the bottle without reacting. 

He had the scruffy middle part that I liked and khaki shorts with a button-down shirt.

Screw him and his good looks.

"Yeah!" Kelce yelled out.

"You guys got it under control?" I turned my head to see the adult running the event looking at us, Kelce quickly shuffled away from us putting the drink away and out of sight.

"Yes, sir! It's looking good, sir!"

"Just clearing the stretch out!"

"Just hydrating," I said with a charming smile. "Alright, I'm bailing" I turned my head to look at Topper and Sarah. 

"You sure?" Sarah questioned as Topper threw his arm around her shoulders, I guess they were okay after the night before. 

 I saw the adult supervising trying to gather all of us in a circle and my decision was clear.

"Yeah yeah, totally you guys have fun!" I smiled walking backward towards my car.

。・:*:・゚