Chapter 3: Ain't No Rest For The Wicked

One perfectly normal Saturday in Louisiana, Sam Wilson was determined to wake up Bucky Barnes as annoyingly as possible. To do this, he turned on the vacuum, blender, and dishwasher at the same time.

"WAKE UP, SLEEPING BEAUTY! OR I'LL EAT ALL YOUR PANCAKES!" yelled out Sam, his nephews laughing behind him.

"Sam, I swear one of these days I'm gonna gut you and feed you to the sharks!" replied Bucky, who let out a groan afterwards.

"WHAT? I CAN'T HEAR YOU, MAN!"

Bucky then leaped up and turned off the appliances, but not without accidentally ripping off the dial on the blender.

"Well, shit." said Bucky.

"When Sarah guts you, I ain't helping you any." Sam replied.

"Well, thanks. I appreciate it."

The nephews continued to giggle.

"Hey, stop that. It ain't funny." Bucky told the kids.

Bucky then put the dial back where it came from and made it appear as if it wasn't broken.

"When it falls off, I'll blame it on you." Bucky said to Sam.

"Not cool man, not cool."

After they all ate breakfast, Sarah came rushing into Sam's bedroom where Bucky and Sam were playing a heated match of Monopoly.

"Guys, I think you should see this." said the lady worriedly.

"What is it now? It can't be anything too serious, we already had to defeat the Flag Smashers like what; 6 months ago? Plus, it's fricken January. Can't the bad guys wait until it's warmer out?" said Sam.

"Well, apparently not. According to the news there's a new Winter Soldier now." Sarah responded.

Bucky ran downstairs almost as quick as Quicksilver when he heard the words 'Winter Soldier'.

The news reporter on the screen started speaking.

"Yesterday night, the Senator of the New York State was assassinated by an unknown figure. The police are currently investigating and so far they haven't matched any identities. They have found this picture of the assassin from other sources." the News Reporter spoke.

A picture popped up of a person who appeared to be a middle-aged woman with dark brown hair, that was wearing the same goggles and metal mask that Bucky used to wear when he was the Winter Soldier.

"I thought that Zemo killed all of the other Winter Soldiers." stated Sam.

"So did I..." replied Bucky. "We need to do something! Nobody needs to go through what I did!"

"Wait a minute... how do we even know that it's another Winter Soldier? And if she is, how do we know that she's not doing it by choice?"

"Trust me, it's another Winter Soldier. I can tell by the face mask. Plus, nobody. Ever. Would do that by choice. I could see it in her eyes that it wasn't her."

"You can never be sure. Remember when that Karli girl kicked your ass into a windshield? You thought she needed saving."

"That was different-"

"How? How exactly was that any different? You think everyone needs saving!"

"No, I do not-"

"Yes you do!! Look, man. I don't think this woman is the type you save. She's the type you stop."

"Isn't that the same exact line you said to Steve?"

"How do you even know about that? He told you?"