Epilogue: Unforeseen Battles

When the trio stole one of HYDRA's jets, Willow flew it to Madripoor and got off there. She said that she needed to investigate something. Sam and Bucky flew the jet back to Bill Snyder's acreage, and gave it to him, since they destroyed the jet that they borrowed from him. Bucky's motorcycle was parked in the same spot he left it, near the entrance of the acreage. He drove it back to New York's airport, and flew back to Louisiana with Sam.

One week later...

Bucky started to pack up his things that were in the room that Sam gave him. As much as he didn't want to leave Louisiana, he knew that he couldn't stay forever. He needed to provide for himself.

"Buck, what are you doing? Are you leaving?" Sam asked, walking into the room.

Bucky didn't bother to inform Sam that he was leaving, but he knew that he would find out anyways.

"Yeah... I need to be able to live on my own. When I came here, I knew that I couldn't stay for too long." Bucky replied, placing a shirt in his suitcase.

"Why not? You're a part of the family too, you know." Sam said.

"My future is anything but normal, Sam. HYDRA is probably out searching for me, and I don't want to put anyone in danger."

"You're probably gonna try to beat up HYDRA like your sister, aren't you."

"Well... I can't just sit back and do nothing."

"If that's what you wanna do, then I guess I can't stop you. Just call me if you ever need my help for anything. And don't ignore my texts."

"I won't."

"Meet me outside when you're done, and say goodbye to everyone."

A few minutes later, Bucky was done packing. He exited the house with his suitcase in hand, and admired the ocean water that was glimmering in the sun.

"Uncle Bucky! Are you gonna visit us again soon?" Cass asked, running up to him.

"Cass, come back here!" AJ called. "Oh. Hi Bucky."

"Hello. And yes Cass, I'll come back soon." Bucky reassured.

Sarah came walking towards them, as well.

"Hey Buck." Said Sarah.

"Hey. Thanks for letting me stay here for as long as you did... it means a lot to me." Bucky stated.

"Don't be modest. You deserved it."

"If you say so."

"And just one more thing... be careful out there. Those bad guys out there are gonna try to hurt you, but I think that you can defeat them if you're focused. Just believe in yourself."

"I... thank you." Bucky replied.

"What did I say about being modest?"

"Sorry. I can't help it."

A taxi pulled up at that moment.

"Buck! Don't leave without saying goodbye to me!" Sam shouted, running over.

"You're the one that's late." Bucky replied.

Bucky then pulled Sam into a hug, and patted his back.

"I'll miss you, pal." Bucky stated.

"Aww, really? What happened to gutting me and feeding me to sharks?" Sam asked with a smirk.

"Shut up." Bucky replied playfully.

The taxi driver honked his horn.

"Hurry up people, I'm not gonna sit here forever." The taxi driver stated.