Chapter 13: Faded Memories

"Rebecca...?" Bucky said quietly, shock written all over his face.

"Is... is that my name?" Rebecca asked, confused at why Bucky seemed so shaken up.

"It is, but you preferred being called Becky." Bucky reminisced for a moment, still not really knowing how to react.

"Are we related? If I remember correctly, Barnes was your last name." Rebecca stated in confusion.

"You're my little sister." Bucky said, a bit choked up this time.

"...I am? I don't even know who you are... you're just a stranger, at least to me you are." Becky replied.

Bucky just paused for a moment, he didn't know what to say. He finally had his sister back, but she wasn't the same person that he remembered. He wasn't exactly the same when he escaped from HYDRA either, but it still broke his heart. She didn't remember anything about him, about them. He knew what it was like to not have your memories, but this was different. He at least had a reaction to Steve, and had flashbacks. Becky had nothing of the sort. Then it hit him. Margaret Snyder had told him that Rebecca had been a part of HYDRA since 1931, the same year that Erin Pactural came and supposedly took Becky to a boarding school. Bucky had finally put some of the pieces together. Erin Pactural was HYDRA. Bucky had thought that he was doing the right thing by letting her go. He was very, very wrong. He probably would've had a bigger reaction to this, but he was still in shock.

"I'm so sorry..." Bucky said.

"Why?" Rebecca asked.

"I couldn't protect you, from them. HYDRA."

"Okay? I thought that you were supposed to be ruthless, and not apologetic?"

"I will get your memories back, I'll let you remember everything. I promise."

"Promises are always meant to be broken."

"Guys, can you talk later? There's sort of like- thousands of soldier people trying to kill us right now." Willow said anxiously.

"...Right. Arm, do you have anything that could help?" Bucky asked it.

"Currently recharging. Please try again in: 6 hours, and 30 minutes."

"Seriously? We don't have 6 hours!"

"Anyone have a decent plan, that doesn't involve getting slaughtered? I don't really have an urge to die at the moment." Sam stated.

"I know a spot where we can escape, follow me." Steve replied.

He then led them into the forest that was behind the cabin that was no longer intact, where they stopped at a manhole cover. Bucky lifted it, and they jumped down into it. It was very cramped, as there was Bucky, Rebecca, Sam, Steve, Willow, Zemo, and Oeznik, all trying to escape. Once they reached the bottom of the mysterious hole, it revealed a tunnel that led to somewhere.

"It seems that you were quite prepared for this, captain." Zemo said to Steve.

"Is there something wrong with that?" Willow asked.

"Just saying, but doesn't it seem weird to you? It's almost as if your grandpa knew that this was going to happen." Zemo replied.

"Quit your bullshit. You already tried to turn everyone against him once. It's not smart to use the same plan twice, you know. If you even try to touch my grandpa, I'll tell my coyote friends that they have a fresh feast waiting for them here." Willow spat.

"Okay, okay. I get it." Zemo said.

They made their way down the tunnel, grunting and groaning. They kept running into each other, the tunnel was tight. It wasn't meant to have this many people down there at the same time.