Chapter 9: Don't Make A Deal With The Devil

"So, this is Madripoor." Willow said.

"Nope, this is Tokyo." Sam said sarcastically. "Of course it's Madripoor!"

"Wow, someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed." Willow stated.

"There isn't even a bed in this jet, I don't know what you're talking about." Sam said.

"So, you're coming with me Barnes?" Zemo asked.

"Well, that's what I said." Bucky replied.

"Okay, you two guard my jet then with Oeznik." Zemo said.

"Fine, don't take too long." Willow said. "I have better things to do."

"Can't promise anything." Zemo stated. "It takes as long as it takes."

Bucky and Zemo then got off the jet, and walked on the sketchy streets of Madripoor.

"So, where are we meeting the Power Broker?" Bucky asked.

"We're going there right now. Also, we're meeting with one of the Power Broker's messengers, not him. Remember, act as if you were still the Winter Soldier. Don't say anything."

"Yeah, I get it."

Zemo then led them into a shack at the corner of the street, but there was nobody inside.

"Where is this person?" Bucky asked impatiently.

A man then emerged from the shadows, and attempted to stab Bucky in the back with a large knife. Before he could, Bucky whipped around and kicked him off his feet.

"That is no way to treat guests." Zemo said, unfazed by the ambush since he was expecting it.

"It is here. Who the hell are you?" the messenger asked.

"Zemo, and I've come with the Winter Soldier as a bodyguard. I think you were expecting us."

"Oh, you're that rich bonehead. What do you want? I don't like wasting time."

"I was wondering if your boss has any information on Subject 001." Zemo replied.

"Why do you want this info? It better be a damn good reason."

"We are hunting down this subject, for personal reasons."

"What personal reasons?"

"Well, don't you think your boss would want this subject eliminated? After all, there is no room nor time for competition when it comes to instilling order."

"Yes. The boss thought you would come here for info on this subject, that's why she gave me this." The messenger said while pulling out a USB stick from his pocket. "I will let you have this, but only under one condition."

"What is it? I'm up for bargains."

"Bring the subject back here, but not alive. My boss wants to see her dead." The messenger stated.

"We weren't planning on keeping Subject 001 alive in the first place, so deal accepted." Zemo said happily.

Bucky flinched slightly when Zemo accepted and glared at him, not liking the idea of killing the other Winter Soldier for information. The messenger then tossed the USB to Zemo, who took it and put it in his coat pocket.

"Remember, if you break the deal or get in the way of my boss, we will find you. If you even think about doing either of those things, we will kill you and your pathetic dog bodyguard, and I'll promise you one thing; it will hurt the whole time you're dying." The messenger threatened.

Bucky then clenched his hands into fists, trying to restrain from knocking the guy unconscious.

"I'm well aware." Zemo replied blankly.