Chapter 20: Cut The Line

Steve Rogers. A name that belonged to an international hero. A name that belonged to a freedom-fighting soldier that would stop at nothing to protect the people he cared about. A name that belonged to an Avenger that gave everything to save the universe.

But, Steve Rogers is just a name, after all...

Somewhere in Russia...

Blinking a few times, Bucky tried to clear his vision. Everything was blurry, and somewhat dark. Groaning, he tried to sit up. But he couldn't. He realized that he was tied up to a pole. His vision had finally cleared, and he looked to his left. He spotted Sam tied to another pole, still unconscious.

"You're finally awake." Said a voice coming from his right.

He turned his head, and spotted Rebecca, tied to a pole just like the rest of them.

"Rebecca? Where are we...?" Bucky asked.

There was cold pavement underneath him. It smelled like mildew in this strange place. The only thing illuminating the area was a flickering light that was on the roof.

"I don't know." She replied.

Bucky looked ahead of him. There was a barrier surrounding the three, it looked like the cage that Sharon was in, but bigger.

"What the hell-" said a voice coming from behind him.

He identified it as Willow.

"Willow..?" Bucky said, confused.

"Buck? The Power Broker's soldiers came to the safehouse, and stole Sharon. I tried to stop them, but..." Willow stated breathlessly.

"They sprayed you with a green gas?"

"Yeah, how did you know? Did they do the same thing to you?"

"Well, obviously! How else do you think we got here?" Sam stated, now fully conscious.

"Any of the other million ways you could've gotten knocked unconscious?" Willow replied.

Then, there was a slight buzzing noise filling the room.

"It looks like you are all conscious. Now we can begin." Stated a voice.

A holographic screen appeared in front of the four kidnapped individuals.

Arnim Zola's face appeared on this screen.

"Not you again!" Willow exclaimed.

Everyone now knew that they were at a HYDRA base.

Rebecca glared up at the screen. She's suffered because of this man since she was a child.

"Don't worry, Willow. The only people that have any importance to me right now are James and Rebecca." Zola stated in his emotionless voice. "James, it seems that you have found out about Rebecca's true identity."

"Leave my brother alone!" Rebecca growled.

"You've done more damage to him than I have." Zola replied.

"Shut up. That's not true." Bucky stated.

"Oh, but it is. James, Rebecca, do you want to know the truth about your past?" Zola asked.

"What the hell are you talking about." Bucky snarled.

"I take that as a yes. Alright then, enjoy the show." Zola said with a smirk on his face.

Zola's face disappeared, but the holographic screen now started showing old clips from the 1900's.

"August 12, 1931." The screen read.