Chapter 12: Why Her?

"What should we do with R? We're nearly at grandpa's place, I'm not just gonna let her stay there and do whatever she wants." Willow stated.

"Question her, I guess. See what she already knows, see what she doesn't." Sam suggested.

"We're here." Oeznik announced.

Once they landed, Bucky stuck close to R to make sure she didn't try to escape. She got her handcuffs off, she took them off when the others weren't paying attention.

"Hey! Where did your handcuffs go?" Bucky said, finally realizing that they were gone.

"They've been off for the last 30 minutes. You don't really think I'm that weak, that I can't even take off handcuffs, do you?" R asked unenthused.

Zemo then pulled out his gun, and aimed it at R.

"I'd advise you not to do anything stupid." Zemo stated.

R was then led inside the cabin.

"Hey, you got her!" Steve said excitedly.

"Don't be too excited yet, Steve; we still have to figure out what to do with her." Sam told him.

"Follow me." Steve replied.

Steve then went over to the fireplace and pushed on a spot on the wall. The wall opened, revealing a staircase that led underneath the cabin. They followed Steve down, the place appearing as an old dirty basement at first. However, once they went all the way down, their thoughts changed immediately. There was a stockpile of Quinjets, and a bunch of advanced technology.

"It looks like you've finally figured out how to use modern-day technology!" Sam said, examining the room.

"Put the Winter Soldier in here." Steve said, walking towards a cage that was similar to the one they kept Loki in when they caught him for the first time.

"I thought you were trying to help me, not imprison me." R said, her voice a bit raspy. "I don't know what I was expecting..." she mumbled to herself.

"It's only temporary." Bucky reassured.

"We'll keep you in there as long as we want, I'm definitely not planning on letting you out that soon." Willow said, glaring at R. "If you touch the cage walls, it'll zap you until you're unconscious... or dead."

"I've seen worse." R replied.

Willow then shoved R into the empty space, and once she was inside the cage, it got surrounded by some sort of barrier.

"Time for questioning." Willow announced.

"Can I ask her something first?" Sam asked.

"Sure." Willow replied.

"Do you know that you're an alien?"

"Yes." R answered.

"Seriously, Sam?" Willow said, rolling her eyes. "What is your affiliations with the Power Broker?" She asked R. "What do you know about him?"

"Her." R corrected. "She has these armies, with thousands of people; maybe millions in them."

"Do you know what she's planning on doing with them?"

"No, but I'm sure we'll find out soon enough."

"Not good enough. What else do you know about her?"

"Well, her real name is Sh...Sharon? I think that was her name. Sharon Carter."

They all had shocked expressions on their faces, especially Steve.

"Wait, what?" Willow said in disbelief.