Chapter 7: New Plan

"Well, that went great guys! We didn't get the other Winter Soldier to come with us, the main HYDRA guys probably escaped anyways, and Fuji died! This was a great use of my time!" Willow said sarcastically.

Sam had taken over flying the stolen HYDRA jet, and the trio was on their way back to Steve's cabin.

"I'm sorry about Fuji, Willow." Sam said sincerely.

"Thanks." Willow replied.

"Do you guys think she's dead..?" Bucky asked.

"Who?" Sam asked confused.

"The other Winter Soldier."

"I sure hope so!" Willow responded.

Bucky and Sam glared at Willow.

"What? You guys saw her in action! She literally disintegrated Fuji with a hand movement and didn't even have any recoil damage or anything!" Willow said.

"That we know of." Sam corrected.

"I knew her." Bucky said.

"Yeah, you mentioned that already. Plus, you didn't really know her, she randomly saved you once. And that was decades ago." Willow replied.

"She also saved Steve. If it wasn't for her, he wouldn't be here right now and neither would I."

"That doesn't mean you owe her anything." Sam said.

"People change, Buck. Even the devil was an angel once." Willow reasoned.

"She did none of those things by choice, I guarantee you."

"I don't care if it was her choice or not, she's dangerous either way." Willow said sternly.

"You should listen to Willow, Buck. That Winter Soldier lady is freakin unstoppable if she's at the right place at the right time. She's unsalvageable." Sam said seriously.

"I'm sure you thought the same exact thing about me when you were trying to stop me." Bucky said in a low voice.

"Would you stop relating this lady to yourself? She's nothing like you." Sam said in an argumentative tone.

"How? How is she nothing like me?"

"First of all, she has powers. You don't." Sam replied.

"So, you want to kill this lady all because she has powers?" Bucky asked.

"No, because she's lethal." Sam said back.

"Guys, we need to come up with a new plan. We can't really just give up on this. If she is alive, chances are she is, we still need to find her and take her down for good." Willow said.

"Where are we gonna find her? She could be anywhere." Sam asked.

"We'll discuss that back at the cabin." Willow responded.

Soon, they arrived back at the cabin, and entered exhausted.

"Hey guys, how'd it go?" Steve asked curiously.

"Horribly." Willow replied, and then went straight to her bedroom.

"What happened?" Steve asked.

"We got our asses kicked, that's what happened." Sam said.

"I see that you don't have Subject 001 with you." Steve said.

"Can we talk about this tomorrow? I'm exhausted." Sam said tiredly.

"Of course. There's two couches over there to sleep on." Steve stated.

Sam then laid on one and quickly fell asleep, unlike Bucky. He couldn't stop thinking about the new Winter Soldier, he felt as if she should mean more to him than what it appears. He felt as if he was obligated to save her. When he finally fell asleep, it wasn't exactly peaceful either, as dreams which always turn out to be memories crept up on Bucky.