<10 - "Bonding">

<Techno's POV>

Ok. This is getting annoying.

I've been sitting here for about five minutes and I've already lost most of my patients. Something I tend to have a lot of.

I look down at the clingy kid and try to gently pull him off. When that fails, I attempt to pry his grip from my arm. I stop the moment he starts to move, afraid I had woken him.

Wait. Why do I care if he wakes up? I don't care for him... right? No. I don't. he's a stupid kid that Philza was stupid enough to keep.

Technosoft

No! You do care for him!!

Tommy!!!

Awwwweee

E

Tommy is adorable!!!

Big brother Techno!!

No! No. I am not a big brother. Especially not to this... gremlin. Stupid voices never shut up...

Admit you love us!!

You don't mean that!

E

You love us!!

Tech no lie

E

Wait! Tommy!

Why are you guys always so loud!?

Tommy!

Wake up tommy!

Oh no

Poor tommy :(

Techno!!!

E

Wake him up!!

Wake him up?

I look back down at the kid. He is a bit more curled up and his grip is slightly stronger.

The voices normally know more than I do. If they say to do something, more often than not it should be done.

I exhale and gently shake him awake.

He opens his eyes rather quickly and it takes him a second to realize where he is. Once he does though, he shoots away from me.

"Sorry! I didn't mean to fall asleep on you!" He quickly apologizes.

"Yeah, you should be. I had to sit here for five whole minutes with you holding onto me like a koala," I state.

"Sorry.." He's definitely scared. He's curled up as far as he can be from me and he's looking around the room, probably for Wilbur.

I would just go over to my bed and mind my own business, but of course the voices disagree and want me to make sure he's ok.

I sigh again and ask, "You alright?"

He seems taken back by the question but answers, "Uh, yeah. Just a bad dream is all." Tommy avoids eye contact and looks visibly uncomfortable.

You should comfort him!

Technosoft!!!

E

Be nice to your little brother!!!

Get Wilbur!!

Smallinnit

I'm not good at socializing..... but I can try I guess. As long as you guys shut up, okay?

Deal

Yes!!!

Big brother Technooo

E

Let's goo!!

I just got here what's going on?

"You... wanna talk about it?" I attempt to say in an unakward way.

"Uh, I dunno... Its stupid anyway," Tommy says quietly.

"I listen to Wilbur's complaining every day. I doubt it can be worse than that," I joke.

He looks up at me, "uh... okay then..."

The small kid moves into a more comfortable position, though still distant from me.

"At first, it was just a normal dream. I think there was, like, bees or something in a flower field. But then it showed my.... uh... my mom," Tommy starts and pauses for a moment. "She... uh.. wasn't very happy. And she said some stuff.... and she was yelling at me... saying it was my fault and.... and-"

The kid chokes out a sob.

I am most definitely going to regret this....

I sigh, for about the third time, and wrap an arm around the small child. He flinches slightly, but accepts it in a way.

".....I'm, uh, not very good at comforting.... do you want me go get Wilbur?" I offer.

".... no... its aright. I think I bothered him enough anyway....." he laughs a bit.

"Oh, I see. So you've decided to bother me now, huh?" I tease.

The kid jumps away from my arm. "No! I- I didn't mean to- I'm sor-"

"Hey. It's alright, kid. No need to apologize. I was joking."

"...oh. Uh, sorry...." He calms down.

"Y'know... I think Wil likes having you around," I mention.

"Why?" Tommy asks, clearly confused.

"He may be older than me by a couple minutes, but I've always acted like the older one. He never got a little brother to take care of, until you showed up, anyway," I explain.

"Really!? You think Wilbur likes me? He doesn't think I'm annoying?" Tommy asks.

"No. I do," I deadpan.

"Oh, sorry..." He mumbles.

He quiets at this causing an awkward silence. I look to him. He's definitely still tired as he's spaced out in a way and he's curled up hugging his knees again.

"You should go back to sleep. I'm sure Wilbur is going to have you meet more of his friends tomorrow," I suggest.

"Really? Like who?"

"Yeah. Probably Eret, Quackity, Karl, the dream team-"

"What about Tubbo?" Tommy interupts.

"Sure, you'll see him. Now go to sleep," I order.

"Okay!" and with that, he lays down and closes his eyes. Not long after you can hear light snoring coming from him.

Then I hear a camera click.

I glance towards the door to see Wilbur with a camera aimed at me.

"Wilbur. I swear on Philza..."

"Oh, shit!" He darts out the door with me chasing not too far behind.

Ah yes. Sibling love. Always through violence.

°:•¤•:°

Thanks for reading!