<40 - Why Didn't You Leave Me?>

<Tommy's POV>

I woke up in Techno's bed alone. Neither Techno nor Wilbur were in the room with me. So, I got up and left the room to find them. I walk down stairs to hear Phil talking. I peek around the corner of the living room and see Phil and some guy in a suit talking. I hide around the corner and listen in.

"Phil, do you know why I started this community?" The suited man asks. Phil is about to respond but the man interupts him. "I started this so hybrids could have a place to relax and be safe from the dangers out there. I built this community so my daughter could be safe," he emphasizes. "We welcomed you and your family, yet you bring a human here and having that said human cause that much trouble is far too risky," he states. "I'm sure you understand."

Phil tries to hide the glare he sends the man.

"I made this place for hybrids, and hybrids only," the man glares back.

Phil spits back, "That's the thing-" But I interupt them.

I walk in, in hopes of lowering the tension, and walk towards Phil. "Phil? Where did Techno and Wilbur go?" I ask before eyeing the man in the suit. He's some type of hybrid, but I can't exactly tell which one. I step closer to Phil.

"Tommy's not exactly human anymore," Phil grumbles at the man, who is now staring at me, in a quiet tone, probably so I wouldn't hear. Phil then looks towards me with a kind smile. "I sent them to buy some things from the market," Phil answers.

"Who's that guy?" I quietly ask as I glare at him. "What's he want?"

"This is Mr. Taylor. He's the founder of this community," Phil answers. "And we were just talking about some boring adult things. Why don't you head upstairs and change using some of Wilbur's clothes? Then, once you come down, I'll make you some breakfast," Phil suggests.

I nod and walk out of the room.

<Phil's POV>

I watch Tommy leave the room and look back to Mr. Taylor.

"You two seem close. Too close," He comments. "And since when was he a hybrid. A tribrid at that."

I sigh, "Long story, short... his own father tested and experimented on him. Those were the results."

Mr. Taylor's face shows many emotions, including slight pity and horror, as he processes what I've said.

"He's one of us now. I don't plan on leaving him. He's been abandoned multiple times, in multiple different ways, and I do not plan on adding to that long list," I declare with another glare and venom in my voice.

He thinks about it for a moment before saying, "You can keep him."

I brighten up instantly and my shoulders lift as if multiple heavy weight have been detached from them.

"-as long," He adds, "as he doesn't cause any more trouble or endangers the community."

"Oh, thank you! Of course he won't! Thank you so much," I smile and thank him as he stands for me to show him to the door. "I promise you won't regret this!" I say after him before closing the front door.