<39 - Pep Talks with Techno 2.0>

<Tommy's POV>

I shoot awake in my bed with tears falling from my eyes. I quickly sit up and look around the room.

It's dark, but I can still see?

That's weird...

I realize I'm in my room in Phil's house and calm down slightly. I try to take deeper breaths, but my the adrenaline keeps my breathing a little shallow. The window shows that it's still night time. I slide out of the bed and stand up only to realize how bad I'm shaking. My legs feel as if they're going to collapse. I take a deep breath and try to ignore it as I walk towards the bedroom door.

Once outside the bedroom, I notice Wilbur and Techno's room. The door is closed, so I try to sneak past it without making any noise. Just as I think I did a good job and I'm about to make it to the stairs, a voice comes from behind me and throws those thoughts out the window.

"Tommy," a familiar monotone voice states, causing me to jump and turn around quick enough to make me dizzy.

Techno stands there in a plain white t-shirt and pink shorts.

Kinda funny seeing him in that considering how serious he normally is and looks.

"Hey, Techno... buddy," I greet, "what're you up to?"

"You really can't have a full night's sleep, can you?" He questions as he walks closer and kneels in front of me, "What's wrong this time, buddy?" He asks in a gently tone. It's almost weird hearing him like this.

"Uh, it was just a bad dream," I answer as if it's nothing, "Not a big deal."

Techno sighs, "I can tell you were crying, which means it was a big deal," He states. "Do you wanna talk about it?"

"Uh, no-" I say, but my voice cracks, causing me to look towards the ground to avoid eye contact, "Not- not really."

"That's okay," Techno says. "Do you want to sleep in our room?" He offers.

"Can I?" I look up at him with hopeful eyes.

"Of course. C'mon," Techno stands up and places a hand on my back as we walk into his and Wilbur's room. "Do you want to sleep in my bed or Wilbur's?" He asks.

I look towards Wilbur's bed. He's peacefully asleep and spread about his bed, snoring away.

Yeah... Techno's right. Wilbur snores way to loud.

"Can I sleep in your bed?" I ask and look back to Techno. "If your okay with that..."

"Yeah, no problem," Techno says and walks over to his bed. "It's his snoring, isn't it?" He whispers as I climb up onto his bed.

I laugh, but quickly cover my mouth and look to Wilbur, hoping I didn't wake him.

"Don't worry. He can sleep through just about anything," Techno rolls his eyes and even slightly smiles at me.

I smile back. "His snoring is so fucking loud," I snicker. I lay down on my side like Phil said to do and Techno pulls the covers over me before lying down next to me on top of the blankets. "Why aren't you under the covers?" I question.

"I don't normally sleep under them," he answers.

"But then you'll be cold!" I quietly argue.

"I'll be fine," he chuckles.

"No, you won't!" I huff. "I thought piglins liked warmth."

"We do."

"So why don't you go under the covers?" I glare.

He sighs and shuffles his way under the blankets. "There. Better?"

"Yup," I say before pulling the covers over my shoulders and curling up into the warmth of the bed.

Was that mean?

I kind of bossed him around.

What if he doesn't like me as much because of that?

"Hey, Techno?" I ask. Techno hums in response. "Do... you still wish Phil wouldn't have taken me? Like, would you still leave me behind?"

Techno stills for a moment before opening his eyes and looking at me.

"I was stupid to even think about leaving you there, Tommy," He states with a sad and genuine tone. "If I had that choice now, I would kill to bring you back home."

Does he really mean that?

Or is he just saying that...?

"Why do you ask?" Techno questions.

"Oh, uh- I've just been thinking about some things since I got back from... from the..." my sentence drifts off as I curl up further.

Techno moves his arms around me and pulls and me into a hug.

"It's alright. You're never going back there. I won't let that happen," He states. "I promise. And don't think about us leaving you because we didn't. And thank prime we took you because if we didn't, then we wouldn't have a troublemaker child running around to take care of and protect."

Techno laughs a bit, which confuses me.

"Tommy, if you weren't here, then I would only have one brother, a stupid and overdramatic one at that," Techno says with a fake disgust. "Can you imagine? Having to tell people that my brother is that snoring idiot over there?"

I let out a muffled laugh into Techno's shirt. "Yeah, now you get to brag about me?" I joke.

"Yeah! I get to tell people that the Tommy innit is my little brother," Techno goes on. "I bet everyone will be so jealous."

I laugh again, "Since when did you get good at making people feel better? Last time you tried, you kinda sucked at it."

"To be fair, the last time I comforted you, I basically said I didn't like you," Techno scoffs. "And you seemed comforted by it."

"Fine. But still, when did you know how to do that?"

"Wilbur may, or may not, have been giving me some tips," Techno smiles.

"Maybe he should give you some fashion tips as well," I tease.

"And you ruined it," Techno rolls his eyes and let's go of me.

"I- what!? No, I didn't!" I protest and pull on one of his arms. "Technooo-"

°:•¤•:°

Thanks for reading!! :]