Chapter 52

Pyrros' pov:

"I'm going to see if everything is okay," Pyralis said standing.

"I'll come too, I'm worried," Marine said, also standing.

The two of them came back from the restroom without Ela and Aura. It's been about ten minutes since they came back and I am starting to wonder- I glance at Dimitri and give him a shocked yet inquiring look.

'You don't think...' I mind-linked him.

His eyes widened as did mouth which turned into an open smile as he looked at Calder which I did as well. He too was also smiling, clearly enjoying this.

It hasn't even been twenty-four hours yet the time has come.

Just as the girls were about to leave the other two entered the lunch hall and made their way to the table.

"Is everything alright? I was beginning to worry" Pyralis said as she sat down, as did the rest of her sisters.

"Everything is fine, elder sister" Ela said while she nuzzled into Dimitri's side.

"Aura?" Avira called out to his mate.

My attention immediately went to them.

"Everything is fine Avira, we were held up by more humans trying to pursue, they're adamant as always."

Avira's shoulders relaxed.

'I think we're in the clear for now' I mind-linked Calder and Dimitri.

'Probably'

'No' Calder said coolly.

I look at him. 'What do you mean?'

'We must give our mates credit, remember they are masterminds of deception, do not let their beautiful faces fool you.' His eyes glanced over at Aura and Ela.

'I wonder what those two have conjured up. I guess we'll just have to wait and see'

I run a hand through my mate's hair.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

***

Dimitri's pov:

We had just returned home, I closed our room door behind us then I finally asked her the question I've been dying to ask her since she had come back with her sister.

"Did you tell her?"

She turned to me with her doe eyes then said "No." She looked down at the floor then spoke once more.

"I couldn't tell her Dimitri. I wanted to but I thought about what you said 'Regret is a form of punishment itself' so for now, let him suffer before the grand torture begins."

Damn.

I was expecting to hear him scream once we got home.

Why must I be so wise?

But I remembered what Calder had said 'We must give our mates credit, remember they are masterminds of deception, do not let their beautiful faces fool you.'

So is my mate really lying to me? Right in my face?

"Are you telling the truth babe?"

She finally lifts her eyes to meet mine, "The honest truth my love."

I go up to her, maintaining eye contact until I bend down then growled lowly in her ear. She whimpered and exposed her neck.

"Are you sure?" I asked her.