Chapter 33

Marine's pov:

I moved my hand around to grasp my mate's hand as I slept but I was met with something rough almost as I was touching an urchin.

Where's my mate?

I felt a draft rising from my lower half.

I stirred and laid down on my back.

The draft kept rising causing me to stir more and open my eyes.

I gasped as I saw a man straddling me, holding the hem of nightgown.

He made a move to cover my mouth but I beat him to it as I screamed making Calder jolt up, and kick the man in the stomach knocking him off the bed.

He stood and walked over to the man and kicked him over and over before dragging him out of the room by the neck.

Calder closed the door behind him and looked at me as he slowly made his way back to the bed where I sat there watching his every move.

"Marine my love are you alright? Did he hurt you? Touch you anywhere? Tell me so I can tie up the man and show him that he will never ever lay a hand on what's mine" He said as he now stood on his hands and knees.

"I'm fine, he didn't touch me. Thank you for saving me Calder you're so good to me" I said and wrapped my arms around his neck.

He smirked.

"I'll always protect my shimmering ocean"

I smiled and kissed his cheek.

He picked me up and sat me on his lap.

"So what are we going to do today?" I asked.

"I have everything planned my love"

"Really? Where are we going?"

"It's a surprise love" He said and kissed my forehead.

"Let's go get breakfast" He said and carried me out of the room.

I whimpered as I saw the man from this morning, he was groaning and trying to move.

I press myself closer to Calder.

"Don't worry sweetie I'll handle him later, but first I need to feed you" He said and kissed my cheek.

I made a whining noise.

I wanted more kisses.

As if he read my mind he gave my cheek multiple kisses, and I squealed in joy and brought his head closer for him to continue kissing my cheek.

He chuckled.

"Someone must really love my kisses" He said in amused tone.

"I do, and it's going to be a while for you to kiss me so I'm going to get as much as I can get from pecks on the cheek" I said and kissed his cheek.

He hummed in response and soon we were in the kitchen, Crystal, Calder's mother greeted me and fixed Calder and I's plate.

Calder sat down in a chair and I sat on his lap.

Crystal set a large plate in front of us, I lifted the fork but Calder stopped me and took the fork away from me.

"I'll feed you love" He said and fed me a waffle.

"You seem to like to feed me" I said.

"You're just so cute when you eat, with your adorable cheeks all puffed up and lips all perked up" He said and poked my lips.

I hummed and fed him a strip of bacon, as he ate he licked my thumb. I squealed and made a whining sound and stuffed my face in his chest.

He chuckled and stroked my hair.