Chapter Three

Monday came by quickly,too quickly,I spent the whole week studying for my exam and taking extra shifts at the bar, with the tips I earned I was able to pay off a few of the debts my mother got herself in.

Being tipped for selling cupcakes and ice cream cracks me up sometimes, I probably get more tips than I would get in a bar that serves alcohol.

How was she able to get herself in debt you ask? Well she is quick to ask people for money but won't lift a finger herself,she used to scam people by selling them her famous sauce that she claimed was homemade but it turned out to be just store bought ketchup.

Well in her defence she was on some heavy medication at that time.

She also was an alcohol addict so there's a lot of debt on her,she doesn't work and she lives at the countryside so the responsibilities fall back on me,and my sister is no help either, they're like two peas in a pod, that would make me the black sheep of the family ever since my dad died.

I guess I kind of get it,a lot of people change after someone in their family dies, I'm just hoping they're also one of those people that stand up and accept what happened.

They also never forgave me for leaving them to start a life here,they hate that I want to be a doctor and also own a restaurant,I want to be like my dad,he had a passion for cooking and told me I should open one when I grow up,now I'm grown up and I plan on making his failed goal my accomplished goal,I just have to save up a ton of money.

"Adelaine,are you ready to go? Don't forget your books"Maddy runs to me and hands me my stuff with a smile.

"What would I do without you? Thank you so much".

"You would fail your test again and die from crying or starvation since you keep forgetting to eat".

"Right,yes so the professor said I'm allowed to do my test at work on a video chat so I figured I won't eat on the lunch break, I'll do the test instead"I smile happily and she looks at me like I'm crazy.

"You have to eat so you can drink your medication".

"I'll eat after I'm done with the test,it will be one problem less"I say and put my shoes on.

"And you'll add another problem to it actually because you'll be in pain"She crosses her arms and pops her hip out.

"Maddy I promise you I'll eat,I have to go I can't be late on the first day"I give her a quick hug and unlock the door in a hurry.

"Ughhh you're impossible,fine go to your pretty Dracula boss but let me know when you eat".

"He's not pretty and yes I will,byeee"I open the door and run out.

I took Maddy's car because I can't risk mine dying in the middle of the road today,I have to arrive earlier and leave the best impression possible so I secure my spot.

                      Kingston Russo

She's a pretty little angel, she's been on my mind this whole week now, God has sent me a beautiful distraction and I can't thank him enough for that, there's this special kind of light she's radiating, it's astonishing.

Her blonde hair,her tired pretty eyes and her attitude is what kept my energy going during all the meetings I've been having, she's so unforgettable, although her looks are out of this world I was intrigued by her answers and her standing up for herself, not many have done that around here which makes me wonder if she even knows who I am.

"Boss I have the information"I nod and motion with my finger for him to get in.

"What did you find?".