Chapter Thirty -Nine

I call myself a coward.

You don't even have to ask why since it's pretty obvious,I left a pregnant woman to take care of herself and on top of that I talked my youngest brother into marrying her to protect her from my oldest brother,all because I'm a careless scaredy cat.

These past few months have been torture,all I kept thinking about was duchess and how much I miss her,hell I thought it would be easy to forget someone I met a few months ago but I was more than wrong, she's been on my mind this whole time,I wake up I think of her,I eat I think of her,I sleep I dream of her,she was corrupting my whole my mind and soul so much it became unbearable.

Every woman that passed me reminded me of her,the craziest thing is I would wake up in the middle of the night at the smell of her perfume,it brought up a nostalgic feeling in my soul so I went to the store the next day and bought it, I sprayed it all over the house and car, sounds crazy but it made my heart feel less heavy,I pretended she's still there with me.

I was losing my mind and I couldn't take a single minute of it so I gathered the courage and flew to the city to see her.Am I aware she's mad and will probably never forgive me for what I've done? Yes,but all I want is to see her and make sure she's okay,a second with her will put my mind at ease for the next five months.

Nobody besides my mother knew about my plan,she was the one that called me a million times every single day and ended up knocking some sense into me with her yelling, she told me how devastated Adelaine was when I left and how often she would cry in her arms begging her to bring me back,when I heard that I shook back to reality and remembered who the hell I am, I'm a father and I'm not acting like one right now, I'm not acting like a man either and if my father taught me anything it was to learn from my mistakes and fix the damage I've done.

How am I going to fix this? I have no idea but I know someone that will be able to help me,the man that made the same mistake as me 20 years ago.

I lean against the wall and put my phone against my ear, waiting for him to pick up.

"Well if it isn't the little wuss".

"Hi dad,did mom tell you?"He grunts angrily.

"She sure did,if you're here to ask me to help you,you can forget it,you left my grandkids without hesitation and that amazing woman almost went insane without you"I force a laugh.

"Like you did to mom and Prince?".

"I had no idea she was pregnant and your grandfather was the one that planned the whole thing,I had no choice".

"I didn't have a choice either,I killed my child and-"He hushes me.

"Shhhh enough with the excuses, don't disappoint me anymore,get yourself together and come back ".

"I'm here, I'm in the hotel and now I'm going to go find her, I'm just praying she doesn't make a scene".

"Her? She will probably walk away like she doesn't know you,well deserved reaction son,start thinking about others and put yourself in their shoes,I don't know what kind of relationship you two had but it was more than a mistake that led you to get her pregnant,I can see it by the way she missed you, fix it and update me"I nod slowly.

"Will do, thanks for the pep talk old man,love you".

"Love you too loser,take care"He hangs up and I shake my head laughing.

What a weird man he is.

I put my phone back in my pocket and rub my hands together nervously.

Now, let's get my duchess back.

                            Adelaine

Am I dreaming?