Chapter Forty

I'm his? No, never.

I stormed off after that sentence and didn't brother looking back,I don't understand why he thinks that his <<you're mine and no on one else's>> nonsense will get me to forgive him and pretend like nothing happened, I'm not one of those that soften so easily and I never will be.

After I came home I told Nasius what happened and he mentioned that Prince was informed about Kingston returning, apparently half of the family knew about it because Ariel couldn't keep it to herself,they didn't want to tell me cause they feared it would impact me negatively,what a bunch of geniuses.

"So he said you belong to him? Who am I then?".

"My fake husband,you seem to ignore the key word,fake".

"I'm doing everything a real husband does, can't you tell?"He asks and looks at my feet that he's been massaging for the past hour.

"And I'm very grateful for it, but I had no say in all this so I can't act normal ,he gave me Evander and you and I just had to go with the flow".

"You're acting like that's a horrible deal,and Evander thinks of you as his mom, don't you remember his first words were mama?,did you tell that to our lover boy?"I shake my head, recalling the day I was calmly playing with him in the garden and he dropped that bomb on me.

He looked at me in full focus like he knew exactly what he was doing, his little mouth formed into a sneaky little grin before he yelled the word happily,it left me in complete shock since nobody in the house has mentioned it around him and what's even more surprising is how he smiles every time before saying it.

"I didn't tell him,he doesn't deserve to know"He pinches my skin and I hiss in pain.

"Owww! What was that for?".

"Saying dumb shit,he deserves to know a lot you just don't want to talk to him or be near him".

"You're correct,I don't want anything to do with him"I grab my phone and notice a notification from an unknown number.

Amazing.

"You'll have to talk to him sooner or later,and you can't say you didn't feel relief when you saw him after all these months".

"I can't tell you that but I can tell you you're pissing me off with all these questions"I speak through my teeth and he groans.

"Fine, I'm guessing you're craving cereal and mayonnaise now?"I nod while staring at the notification, debating whether I should delete it or open it.

"I am".

"I'll bring it to you and then I'm going to shower, should I sleep here tonight in  case you need a shoulder to cry on?"I nod slowly,my attention fully on the screen.

"Yes of course,just make sure you don't sleep on my side of the bed because I'll accidentally kick you"He shrugs and moves my feet off his lap.

"I don't mind it, remember when you drooled on my shoulder then snored right in my ear?".

"Tskkk, that never happened don't lie"I kick him with my leg and he laughs.

"You were too busy snoring to remember anyways,now I'll go get you your disgusting craving".

"Mhmmm"I murmur under my breath and open the message, regret washing over me as soon as I read the first word.

Duchess.

For the love of God.

"Duchess,I know you said you will never forgive me and you will pretend I never returned but I wanted to remind you I would rather eat rocks every night than let that happen".