Chapter Twenty-Five

Kingston

"I can't believe you"Khalin says angrily and starts hitting me over the head with her bag.

I grab her wrist and push her away with a frown."You and mom need anger management classes".

"No,you need classes to learn how to act right,why were you so rude to her?".

"I wasn't".

She forces a frustrated grin."You really think you weren't? She's family whether you like it or not,she agreed to come here and live, she's been nothing but perfect this whole time and you...UGH YOU PEASANT"I run my tongue around the inside of my cheek before smirking.

"That's what you see, it's not how it is".

"Then tell me how is it?".

"She's demanding and rude"She aches eyebrows.

"She's you?"She asks with a look of disbelief.

I shake my head and stand up, grabbing the bags off the floor."Don't insult me, she's worse than me,and she sleeps a lot and eats a lot, she's a damn animal".

She groans and grips her knuckles."I want to strangle you with an electrical cord".

"Thank you,now get the hell out,I have things to do".

She steps in front of me, blocking my way."Listen closely, she's had it hard, you're making it harder".

I sigh."This is the second time you told me she had it hard,what can possibly be so terrible? Oh right...I don't give a shit".

I try to walk past her but she stretches her arms out, blocking my way again.

"First of all she has Fibromyalgia, fatigue can be extreme and she might have no strength to do anything, she's also pregnant you dipshit so of course her body is tired now, it's about to do a 360, second,her appetite will be increasing and decreasing all the time and you're not going to mention it anymore".

I open my mouth to speak but she cuts me off.

"She has no money,her apartment is horrible,her dad's dead,her mom and sister are rude and immature  like you and you really think yelling at her will make this easier?"I look at her deep in thought.

Maybe,maybe not,it won't hurt to add some discipline.

But now that I think about it...Her life is a huge mess right now,maybe her eating all the time and sleeping more than usual is her way of coping.

"Mhm that's right,she was probably hoping for some peace and quiet and a safe pregnancy but you know what's making her pregnancy a high risk now? It's not her condition, it's you,keep it up and you'll see how what's going to happen".

She grabs her bag off the floor and storms past me, the sound of her heels clacking against the tiles filling the whole hallway.

Shit.

I toss the bags on the floor and walk over the clothes that fell out of them, heading to Adelaine's room.

Why did I ever suggest this arrangement? It's enough having her on my back everyday and now Khalin? One goes to sleep and the other comes to disturb me, they're like a very annoying little duo.

But the things she told me make sense,I was a little harsh on her,I was the one that made her move in and I'm being the one probably making her want to move out,I don't know what's gotten into me lately,maybe it's the pills or is it my worry for tachycardia,all I know is that ever since I met her I have a weird feeling in my chest that I can't shake off.