Chapter Ten

I'm pretty sure I broke a piece of her heart last night when I said I can't be seen with a woman like her, every time I would check her on the rearview mirror she would be deep in thought, which isn't like her, she's a talker, she's the type of a person that asks a hundred question in ten minutes,I like that about her.

I regretted those words as soon as they came out of my mouth,I don't know what possessed me to even say that,one second I'm telling her she's all I think about and the next I'm crushing her confidence under my feet.

But I can't let her get to me, I'm too busy with work and life,and she needs to understand it, both of us need to,I need to be a man and stop being affected by her,the only way I'll be able to do that is if I fire her for a mistake she makes or if I treat her so badly she quits.

Stupid company rules,who even made them?

By the time I arrived to the penthouse I noticed she fell asleep in the back, she was all curled up with my coat covering her whole body,she looks sad even when she's sound asleep,I couldn't help but wonder why.

She's not waking up anytime soon.

Not exactly how I planned the night to go but I have nobody but myself to blame, myself and my tongue.

Looks like having a talk with her will take longer than ten minutes.

My first thought was to leave her in the car and go to sleep,but then I realized someone could see her sleeping all alone and take advantage of it,the thought of another man looking at her and thinking about her sexually for some reason made my blood boil and the veins on my neck pop out.

Why Kingston? Why?

I carried her upstairs and layed her on my bed,I banged her head a few times on my way up but I'm sure she won't notice it in the morning, that is unless she wakes up smarter than Einstein, highly unlikely.

I covered her with two blankets I found in the closet and brought her a bottle of water I set on the bedside table in case she wakes up thirsty in the middle of the night.

Why am I doing all of this for a stranger? Bringing her to my penthouse where no woman has ever been has to be the weirdest thing I've done in awhile, there's no coming back from this kind of mistake.

Why does she have to look so irresistible and make it hard for the both of us?

I was on my way out when I noticed how different the skin on her face looks.

I sat beside her and began scanning her whole face with my eyes, there's mascara smeared on her cheeks and around her eyes,I think I would remember if she looked like that earlier tonight.

She must've cried in the car.

A small spark of guilt stings my heart as I stare at her stained cheeks, I don't care about anyone or their feelings, I never did but right now I actually feel guilty, she's too pure looking,I can't even insult her without feeling like an ass, that's just great.

Nice going Kingston,your mother would drag you by the ears if she knew you made a girl cry.

I reach with my hand and cup her face, wiping the mascara stains with my thumb.

Her skin is like milk for God's sake.

I wonder if she would punch me in the face if she knew I was this close to her

                              Adelaine

I feel something moving across my cheek and my eyes fly open.