Chapter Forty-Four

Adelaine

It's all a blur,I don't remember what happened after Nasius told me about the car accident,I don't even remember giving birth,all I know is that as soon as I woke up I got hooked on a hundred wires,the doctor told me he wants to make sure everything is okay before I see my family,I didn't even get a chance to meet my baby right away.

I asked them what happened to Kingston but they brushed the question off and just walked out of the room, which made my anxiety spiral and overwhelm me to the fullest.I spent over half an hour squirming in bed and calling for the nurses to bring me my baby,I was close to jumping off the bed and running out myself but Dove and Nasius rushed in the room breathless and stopped me from moving.

"Where do you think you're going?! You're hooked on the machine hold on"Nasius pushes me in a laying position and I gasp, feeling sharp pain in my lower back.

"Ouchhhh!! Don't hold me so tightly, where's Kingston? I want to see him,did he see our daughter? Is he with her now?"Nasius loosens his grip on me and glances at Dove.

"What? What was that look for? Take me to Kingston I need to talk to him".

Dove clears her throat and sits beside me."Adelaine listen,uhm Kingston can't talk right now..."I frown and tilt my head.

"Why? Where is he?".

"Adelaine"Nasius squats beside the bed and takes my hand in his gently, tears filling his eyes.

"What? Stop scaring me,what happened?"I ask,my voice cracking in panic.

"He was awake for a little bit when they found him in the car and after that he passed out, they preformed surgery on him about two hours ago".

"So he's awake? Take me to him".

He shakes his head."I can't".

"Stop fooling around and take me to him, are you aware of everything that happened? We both ended up in the hospital after him coming back, it's a sign we need to get back together, we need to talk about us before our daughter starts feeling the tense energy, I forgive him,he needs to know I forgive him-"

"YOU CAN'T GO TO HIM HE'S IN A COMA"Dove screams out and bursts into loud sobs.

"DOVE! what the hell is the matter with you?! WHY SO STRAIGHTFORWARD?".

My eyes widen and I look at Nasius in shock."WHAT? WHAT IS SHE TALKING ABOUT?! WHO'S IN A COMA?!".

"Adelaine I want you to relax and listen to me careful-"I pull the sticky wires off me and toss the blanket to the side,my sudden movement causing Nasius to lose balance and fall down.

"KINGSTON!! KINGSTON THEY'RE TRYING TO TELL ME YOU'RE NOT OKAY!!"I scream from the top of my lungs and jump off the bed,nearly collapsing as white dots appear in front of my eyes, disturbing my vision.

"ADELAINE YOUR STITCHES!!".

I bolt out of the room and speed through the hallway, ignoring the sharp pain pulsating through my abdomen.

"SOMEONE TAKE ME TO KINGSTON,WHERE IS HIS ROOM? KINGSTON!!".

"Ma'am-".

"NO! LEAVE ME THE HELL ALONE AND TELL ME WHERE'S KINGSTON RUSSO?"I scream in the woman's face and she takes a step back frightened.

"Uhhh miss I'm sorry but I can't let you see him, he's on the fourth floor but the doctor-".

"KINGSTON!!!".

                              *******

I open the door and stop dead in my tracks,feeling my heart break into a million pieces as I see him, hooked on a million wires.

"KINGSTON!! KINGSTON WAKE UP!! BABY PLEASE WAKE UP" I run to his side and drop on my knees.

"Baby? Stop joking around and open your eyes, baby please open your eyes I forgive you for everything just wake up" I beg him through tears while holding his hand tightly.

"I love you so much, wake up and say it back,I'm begging you Kingston open your eyes and look at me, KINGSTON PLEASE I'M BEGGING YOU!!" I put my head on his chest and sob violently, his faint heartbeat filling my ear.

"Kingston our daughter, our son, they need you please wake up, how am I going to do this without you,I'll even get the divorce you wanted to arrange, I'll do anything for you to wake up, I'll move away with you and we can start over, can you hear me? BABY PLEASE OPEN YOUR EYES!".

I look at his face thought blurry eyes.

"Kingston...Kingston? You just found me and now you're leaving me on my own again, you promised me you'll be here from now on, don't break your promise"I look down at his pale hand, my name tattooed on his wrist ,I run my finger along the black ink,my tears soaking the bandages on his chest.

"....It's my name,baby wake up so we can go get matching ones, don't leave me and our kids...Please...I need you to be here with me".

The door bursts open and familiar voices fill my ears.

"Adelaine you can't be here now they need to take care of him, Ade you're bleeding all over the bed".

"Nasius leave her alone"Dove whispers and pulls him back.

"She's losing blood-".

"Get out of here, the last thing she needs is your nagging, let her lay with him".

"Are you crazy? They-" He stops mid sentence and starts mumbling harshly.

"She can't stay here, she's barely functioning and her daughter doesn't even have a name yet".

"Princess Russo"I say the name and lift my head up to look at him.

"Princess Russo, his name has King in it, it matches well, now please leave me alone with him, if I'm going to bleed out I'll do it with him by my side".

"You have a daughter to take care of, you have Evander too, think about-".

"I can't hear you anymore..."The room goes a harsh spin and I feel my head hit his chest before my vision darkens.