Chapter Thirty-Two

Two days later.

I agreed to go on a date with him and honestly I'm satisfied with my decision,he deserved it after taking care of me for so long and listening to me talk about my dad,I wasn't thinking about it until he took a picture of those clouds and said it's my parents watching over me, it's just the nicest most comforting thing I have ever been told and it made me feel a million times better, knowing him the date he planned won't disappoint me either.

His plan was to wait for a few more weeks until I feel better but I decided it's time I get out of that penthouse and start living again,sure I miss mom and I still feel horrible that my sister didn't bother calling or coming to the funeral but there's nothing I can do about it anymore,I grieved and I'm still grieving,if I could get in her head and switch her way of thinking I would but unfortunately I can't,all I can do is wait for her to come to her senses.

And besides, she can't stay like this forever, I'll fly down to visit her as soon as I get better and we will be able to talk about it.

"Duchess?"Kingston knocks and opens the door.

I'm still laying in bed waiting for him to tell me what do I have to wear to our mysterious date.

"Did you finally figure out where we're going?"I ask in excitement and he nods while approaching me.

"I have something in stored for you, but I'm going to need you to stay here until I call okay?"I nod.

"I'll stay in the house".

"In the room Adelaine, I'm going to need you to stay in the room"He sits on the bed and reaches to rub my stomach.

"How come?"He shrugs while looking at my belly,a bright smile spread across his face.

"I have a good idea, it'll be worth it I promise"He gives me a quick kiss on the cheek and stands up."I'll lock the door because I know you'll try and take a peek".

My mouth drops open in surprise and I shake my head disagreeing."I will not!! Don't lock me here alone come onnnn".

He raises his eyebrow and points at Evander."You got him to keep you company, I'll be quick".

"But-".

"No duchess,lay down and wait for me,be  patient"He smirks and grabs the room key."Don't jump out the window".

"Ha.....Ha....Ha...Ha,so funny"I roll my eyes and lean on the bedframe, staring at him in annoyance.

"Stare at me all you want but you'll be happy you listened to me after you see what I prepared,you know I never disappoint duchess"He winks.

I feel my face heat up at his wink.

"No I won't,and you actually always disappoint"I lie.

"Of course, you're definitely not lying to me to me right now "He laughs and walks out, the sound of the door locking filling my ears and I gasp in surprise.

"You were actually being serious!? Unfair"I hear him laugh from the other side."Patience is the key sweetheart, literally in this case".

                            ••••••••••••

-Okay, she's locked in the bedroom,
let's go over this one more time.

-Why did you lock my friend in the  damn bedroom?

-Because she's nosy and shut up,tell me everything I need to know.

-Did you get her favorite food?