Chapter 6: The Wise Jason

Julien and Ella was still inside of the restaurant after the dinner. Jason and I, we were standing by the car. He was standing far from me as he was smoking a cigarette. I really appreciated this act.

"Are you planning to tell him?" Jason asked me hesitantly as he leant against his car.

"It's not in my immediate plan" I admitted. Hearing my words, he took a puff of his cigarette then threw it on the floor. He stepped on it, fixed his hair and walked to me.

"I can't hide that from him, Luna" Jason said as he leant against the car next to me. I crossed my arms, then turned to smile at him.

"I don't expect you to do that" I reassured.

"How far along the pregnant?" He asked.

"Eleven weeks" I admitted.

"Are you kidding me?" He asked with wide eyes.

"I'm not" I chuckled.

"When did you find out?" I pursued my lips, knowing what was most probably coming after I tell him the truth.

"Three weeks ago" I said. Jason opened his mouth. Nothing came out. He closed his mouth again and thought for a few seconds. He opened his mouth again and nothing came out. I wanted to laugh at this scene. He closed his mouth again before smacking himself on his face.

"He's going to be pissed" Jason mumbled more to himself than to me.

"Does it matter?" I asked.

"Yes. Because he told me that he's not interested in moving on without you by his side" Jason said casually, making my eyes go wide. I scoffed at his words.

"He doesn't want to move on without me?" I chuckled humorlessly at his words. "It has been three weeks since he last contacted me, Jason. Don't look for excuses for him" I quickly said. "I am moving on" Jason turned to look at me. He looked like he knew something that I didn't. I wanted to know but some part of me was telling me to let it go.

To let Hades go.

To focus just on me and my baby.

"Now, it's just me and my baby" I breathed.

"Did you ask Hades about his wants? About what would make him happy? Did you give him a choice?" Jason asked me in disbelief. He shook his head then took in a deep breath.

"That's the issue with you women, you make the choice in men's place. You didn't give him any choice. Yes. He fucked up by leaving you on that day because he wanted to clear up things. He didn't want to listen to rumors. He fucked up by not communicating" Jason said. "But what are you doing right now? Did you let him know that you're carrying his baby?" He asked me. "No, you didn't" He answered.

"No, I didn't" I agreed with a sigh.

"Aren't you fucking up right now? What is more important, the fact that he left ONE day or this baby?" Jason asked while shaking his head. "It doesn't make any sense. You told him to go. You didn't give him a choice, Luna. And you definitely can't take away his rights as a father" Jason explained.

"I am not planning to take away his rights, Jason. I just don't want him to leave Hannah and their baby" I admitted.

"And you made that choice for Hades. You decided that on your own. You didn't ask him about his feelings. It's as if his feeling didn't matter in all that" Jason scoffed. I was surprised because Jason was right. I didn't once acknowledged Hades feelings. I was so focused on my emotions that I didn't pay attention to his.

I didn't ask him what he wanted.

"I didn't want Hannah's child to grow without a fatherly figure" I mumbled.

"That's not your problem, Luna. You're thinking about Hannah's child but what about yours?" Jason scoffed.

"I got it" I rolled my eyes. He was very mature.

I was truly impressed by how Jason was able to make me see from Hades perspective for a few seconds. Even Julien hasn't been able to knock some sense out of me. I could feel my eyes turning teary as the seconds goes by.

"Don't you dare start crying" Jason scolded and soon, tears were rolling down my cheeks. Jason wrapped his arms around me in a warm hug and gently patted my head. "It's alright. You're not the only dumb person I know. It happens" I couldn't help the chuckle that escape my lips as I wiped my cheeks.

"Hannah and Hades must already be viewing their future together, the name of their child, their lives together" I closed my eyes as I said those words. These words were hurting me and the picture of them together was making my heart ache profoundly.

The picture of them sleeping together.

Hades saying 'I love you" to the mother of his child.

I was purposely breaking my heart so that it would be easier to walk away. It would be easier to move on. It would be easier to see him build his life with Hannah.

"How do you know? Did you ask him or did you create a whole scene in your head?" Jason genuinely asked me."Hades and Hannah are not together. He has decided to do a DNA test" Jason announced casually.

"A DNA test?" I asked in confusion.

"Yes. Because it turns out that Hannah is eleven weeks pregnant too" Jason said before rolling his lips in his mouth.

"But" I started then he nodded.

"Yeah, it doesn't add up" Jason said. "Hannah was furious when Hades requested to do that DNA test" He continued. "But he knows that he was with you at that time and he also knows that he never cheated on you" I frowned at his words.

"So there's a possibility that Hades is not the father" I breathed.

"Huge possibility" Jason confirmed. I hated myself for that but a feeling of relief washed over me. This could all be an hoax.

Hannah could have lied to all of us.

This lie has cost my relationship with Hades.