Chapter 23: Feel Bad

It was already eleven at night and Hades was still not back. He left around 3 in the afternoon and I was expecting him to be gone for an hour or two. I was upset. He didn't bother to give me a call or to message me. I guess he sucked at having a proper communication. I thought that he was going to be having dinner with all of us. I was grateful that my friends decided to stay over.

I felt bad.

I opened the fridge to have some cold juice. Everyone was already sleeping. I couldn't sleep. I was too angry and frustrated. I pulled the night gown up my shoulder as it kept falling down. With a huff, I took the bottle of juice out and slammed shut the door of the fridge.

"Why are you half naked in the kitchen at this hour, Sweetheart?" I rose my eyebrows in disbelief.

Look who decided that it was time to come back home!

"What do you see me doing, Hades?" I questioned while raising my glass. I didn't want to have a conversation with him right now. I walked pass him and made my way to our bedroom. I could hear him follow me but I didn't acknowledge his presence. I tried to shut the door on his face, but he was already holding it with his hand. I turned around a few seconds to assess his face. I kept mine very neutral. He was now glaring at me. I rolled my eyes, placed my glass on the bedside table and walked to the balcony door.

I needed some fresh air.

"Luna" I heard Hades call from behind me.

Oh. No more sweetheart?

"You know that this is important" Hades started as he walked to the balcony as well. I was not going to give him the silent treatment. He needed to know what was wrong.

"When did I ever say that it wasn't, Hades?" I asked genuinely annoyed by this whole situation. At this point, it was not even the pregnancy hormones. "But you know what's important as well?" I asked him then shrugged. "Us. The time that we're living now. Us living this pregnancy fully. Us enjoying it with our love ones" I said while shaking my head. "But you were not here, Hades. I had my friends unconsciously looking at me with pity in their eyes" I said then closed my eyes. "I didn't know that it was going to take that long for you to drop that letter" I continued. "I was expecting you to be back home for the dinner that you invited our friends to, Hades" I then huffed. I opened my eyes to look at him.

"Your safety is important, Luna. Whether it is a stalker, an obsessive fan or even a prank, I am not willing to risk it" Hades said. "I am not willing to risk the life of our child" he continues.

"The only way you can protect us, is by being here" I sighed.

"I am here" Hades said as he took a step in my direction. I chuckled humourlessly then walked pass him to the bedroom.

"Leaving work to come home for sex, isn't called being here, Hades" I explained.

"Are you saying that I am here just for the sex, Luna?" Hades questioned.

I had no idea what I wanted to do at this moment.

I wanted to make him feel what I felt.

Okay, hormones are kicking wild.

"I didn't say that. I simply said that there is more to us than just sex" I repeated as I got onto the bed. "I think you should come to bed. It's quite late. Maybe if you're free you'll be able to grace us with your presence for breakfast" I said casually before pulling the blankety onto my body.

"Luna" I heard Hades exhale. Soon, he was fumbling with his belt and I could hear him taking his clothes off. I felt the blanket move as he got onto the bed. He moved his body close to mine, slipping his arm under my pillow and his other hand, wrapped itself around my waist, pulling me closer to him. I could feel his breath fanning over my neck. "Luna" he whispered again.

"Yes, Hades" I responded with my eyes closed. My pillow felt so comfortable right now. The warmth comingy off Hades' body was pulling me closer to him. His thumb drawing small circles on my skin, was causing goosebumps to rise on my skin.

"I don't have sex with you" Hades started, lightly kissing the back of my head. "I make love to you" he said as he gently caresses my belly. "You and mini us, mean the world to me and I cannot wrap my head around the fact that someone is willing to harm you" he sighed. I turned around to look at him and placed my hands on his chest as I stared at him. I knew that he meant to do the right thing.

"Mini us?" I questioned amusingly to show him that I was open to discussion. "I just want you to be here" I said honestly.

"I apologise" Hades said as he rested his forehead against mine. I moved my head to give him a light peck.

How did I go from disappointment to love in such a small span of time?

"I am in love with you, Luna" Hades suddenly said. My eyes widened at his words. I was still not used to it. It sounded so perfect to be true. "I would never forgive myself if something happens to you" he sounded so worried.

So worried that I sensed that he was probable hiding something from me.

"Don't be too hard on yourself. You're already doing a good job" I said. He scoffed before pushing a strand of hair away from my face.

"If I was doing a good job, that letter wouldn't have been on the gate, Luna" he told me.

And now I was feeling bad for wanting to make him feel bad.