Chapter 42: Traitor

"It's called forced vacation" I grumbled while crossing my arms over my breasts. My mother was walking around the room that was supposed to be my office. She wanted to help me plan the 'set up'. She turned around then tilted her head slightly as she stared at me before a frown crept on her face.

"First, it is just for a week, or two" she added subtly. "Second, you were not even planning to work in the company a year ago and third, You do know that you have a degree in social work, right?" She questioned, sounding quite lost. I nodded then took in a deep breath. "When why are you not working in your field?" She asked.

"Honestly mom" I started, my voice quite low. "Since my graduation, I think that you might have noticed that I haven't really had the time to think about my career" I said. We both stepped out of the office room then made our way to the living room. "With a baby on the way, figuring out my relationship with Hades and the threats, I do not think that it would be the right time to start something new" I told her honestly as we both settled comfortably on the couch.

"Raisa" I called the new maid that Hades had employed. She walked in the living room, with a big smile on her face. She was a middle-age woman that had a warming aura to her.

Very motherly.

"Can you get some wine for my mom, please?" I asked politely and she nodded.

"Sure, Luna. Is there anything you would like? Some food perhaps?" She asked with that same warm smile. I shook my head and smiled back.

"Thank you, Rai. You're a sweetheart" I said. With a nod, she walked away, leaving me and my mother to continue our conversation. Hades had to close some deals today before starting work from home and I was pretty sure that he was the one who told my mother to come spend the day with me.

"Working at the office with you, is the only thing that I know so far. So I figured out that it would be a good opportunity for us to get additional help in the company by the time I figure out what I want to do" I told my mother sincerely and she nodded in comprehension. Soon Raisa walked into the living room with a glass of wine for my mother.

"Thank you, Raisa" my mother said with a smile as she took the glass. My mother loved her red wine and I could nearly see the anticipation in her eyes.

"You're welcome, Mam. At what time would you like dinner to be served, Luna?" Raisa proceeded to ask. "You haven't had lunch today" she then pointed out, making my mother gasped dramatically.

"Why haven't you had lunch?" My mother questioned in exaggerated horror.

"You came home!" I exclaimed. "I got busy with you" I said while throwing my hands in the air.

"Sure sure!" My mother rolled her eyes. "Blame it all on me, daughter" she mumbled sarcastically as she had a sip of her wine.

"Gladly, mother" I retorted with a playful smile. "Are you going to stay today?" I asked her, earning a bored shrug.

"It depends on how many wines I have first" she snorted while raising her glass in my direction, making me chuckle.

"I am going to assume you're staying" I said, feeling a sense of happiness fill me. I was glad that my mother felt at home here. I pulled the dark green throw that was on the side of the couch and threw it over my mother and I. She stuck her feet under my bum, something she would always do whenever her feet was cold.

Natural free heaters, she claimed.

"I'm hungry!" With a frown, I turned towards the front door to see Julien walking in, with a smug smile on his face. "I think I need to move here too" he added when his eyes fell on me.

"Not that I don't like your presence, but what are you doing here?" I asked him. He didn't have the time to answer when I saw Hades walk through the door.

"Well, I am happy to see you too, best friend!" Julien squealed in sarcasm. "Your boyfriend picked me up" he said.

"I'm going to prepare dinner" Raison said and walked away.

"I knew your mother was home. Picked up Julien and called Ella and Jason to come over. I figured out that a good family dinner would be nice" Hades told me with a smile on his face. I couldn't help the placid smile that crept on my face. Hades was doing his best to make this pregnancy a good memory for me. He wanted me to be distracted from all this issues that have been happening.

"That's very thoughtful of you" I said softly.

"You never told me that Ella was coming!" Julien exclaimed in betrayal as he turned around to look at my handsome boyfriend.

"You never asked" Hades shrugged before making his way to me. He gave me a light peck on my forehead before sighing in relief. "I hope that the wine's good" he then told my mother to acknowledge her presence.

"Wine is always good, sweetheart" My mother responded cooly to him, earning a grin from Hades.

"I'm going to get a shower. I'll see you soon" Hade said, leaving another kiss on my head before walking away.

"Traite! (Traitor!)" Julien shouted in french at Hades' retreating figure. I laughed when I noticed that Hades was flipping Julien his middle finger without even turning around to look at him. "You've always had bad taste with your boyfriends" Julien complained.

"And best friends" my mother added playfully. Julien gasped before stomping his way to the couch.

"I don't even know why I bother" Julien shrugged in defeat as he let his body fall next to me. He then proceeded to pull all the blanket from us, to cover himself. My mother rose her eyebrows in surprise, as we were no longer in the warmth of the blanket.

"My daughter is pregnant and you're leaving her in the cold. Where is your humanity?" She scolded Julien, making me burst out in a fit of laughter when my best friend quickly threw some of the blanket over me.

"What about me?" My mom asked in disbelief. This time, it was Julien who scoffed.

"Your daughter is pregnant. Not you" he retorted.