Chapter 44: Lost Cause

"Should I be worried?" Jason asked me. He looked so anxious that it made my inside twist painfully. Ella was the one who was lost and Jason was the one who fell in the hot seat. I shook my head without even turning to look at him in the eyes. Was I a bad best friend for thinking that Ella was fucking everything up?

No.

"She's just lost at the moment", I told him truthfully as my eyes moved to my two best friends who seemed to be in a very heated argument on the balcony.

It was a shame that we couldn't hear a single thing.

"And what am I supposed to do while she is lost?" Jason scoffed in disbelief. He ran his hands on his face then sighed. "Right now, it seems like she has fucking feelings for Julien" he then muttered, his eyes focused on his girlfriend.

"I don't know what to say" I admitted, sensing a feeling of sadness suddenly wash over me. My hormones were amplifying all my emotions. Everything seemed to be more intense. When I felt hands wrapped themselves around my waist, relief slipped through me. Hades gently pulled me against his chest. I seized the opportunity to rest my head against his chest

The door opened and Julien stormed in. I could feel the anger oozing off him as he made his way through the main door, without even glancing in our direction. I quickly pulled away from Hades and started running towards the main door. I was quickly pulled back as Hades wrapped his hand around my wrist to stop me from going outside.

"You stay inside" Hades ordered as he glared at me. I knew that my safety was his main priority, hence I nodded. "I'll go" he grumbled. I couldn't help but notice the sour look that Hades shot Ella before making his way outside. He was disapproving this situation.

Gathering all the patience that I could, I hesitantly made my way to the balcony. Ella was leaning against the railing, a cigarette between her fingers and her glass of wine in the other hand. Tears were streaming down her face.

"Oh, Ella" I breathed. Her mascara was smeared all over her eyes at her several attempts to wipe her tears.

"I don't even know what I'm doing, Luna" she cried. I could feel the pain as she cried. Her voice cracked as she spoke. "I don't want to lose Jason. But I don't fucking know what I feel for Julien" she continued.

"Why is all of this turning into hatred? I mean, the anger from both of you. Where does that come from, Ella?" I asked as I walked closer to her. I wrapped my hand around her waist in support, making a small smile slowly appear on her face.

"Thank you for always being here, Luna. Even when I always manage to fuck up" Ella told me softly as she threw the cigarette on the floor before stepping on it.

"You don't always fuck up" I said teasingly to ease up the atmosphere. I was not expecting dinner to finish on this note. I hope that Hades has been able to calm Julien down. "What's happening?" I asked her again, trying to know where the roots of all their problem was.

"Julien does not fucking love me" Ella snapped bitterly.

"You know he does" I instantly said while shaking my head. She scoffed then shook her head.

"No, Luna. He does not love me the same I love him" She said so softly that it was very hard to hear. My face crunched in confusion as I stared at her.

"I feel like you're lost with your feelings right now, Ella" I told her honestly. "And the wine is not really helping" I added as she gulped the last sip. She rolled her eyes then wiped her face again. "I think we should call it a night" I sighed in tiredness.

"We definitely should. I am so sorry that the night ended like this" Ella told me, her tears getting teary again.

"Ella, if it was meant to explode tonight, then it was meant to be" I shrugged. "Stay tonight" I offered and she turned to look at Jason. She seemed quite hesitant at first but then she nodded.

"I think it would be best if we stay" she admitted as she walked in. She made her way straight to a frowning Jason. As she reached him, she wrapped her arms around him and started sobbing. "I am so sorry" she cried in his ears.

"I think you've had too much wine" Jason simply said, no emotions on his voice. I could see that this whole situation tonight, has gotten him in a lost place as well.

"We are staying tonight" Ella told him as she wiped her tears again. Jason turned his face to look at me, closed his eyes and took in a deep breath.

"I'm taking her to the guest room" Jason told me and I simply gave him a curt nod as they made their way to the stairs.

Now Julien.

I quickly ran to the main door and stepped outside. If Julien and Hades were out there, I had  nothing to fear. I wrapped my arms around myself as I slowly walked in the driveway, trying to find my best friend and my boyfriend.

And soon, their shadows caught me.

Julien were in Hades arms. He was crying his heart out. Hades was quiet. He seemed to be standing there awkwardly. I could see that he was not used to comforting people, hence, I walked to them. The relief that beamed in Hades' eyes when he saw me, showed that he didn't know what to do.

"Can we bring this conversation inside?" Hades asked as he pulled away from Julien. When my best friend saw me, he quickly wiped his face.

"I don't really want to see her right now" Julien muttered. His eyes were red and swollen from all the crying.

"Jason took her to the guest room. I told them to stay" I said. "Let's go inside" I whispered as I hooked my arm with Julien's. He hesitantly nodded as I pulled him back to the front door.