Chapter 43: Stubborn Ella

Dinner went perfectly well.

The men were chilling in the living room, discussing about a new car that Jason was looking to buy. My mother was already in bed. Let's just say that she has had her fair amount of wine. Ella and I, we were standing on the balcony, just appreciating each other's company. She was silently sipping on her wine, her eyes fixed on Julien.

"What's the issue between you and Julien?" I finally asked her. That question has been running in my mind several times and I knew very well that I was not going to get a proper response from Julien. Ella sighed, closed her eyes then groaned in exasperation.

"I've been hard on him. You know, since the whole Hannah getting pregnant issue" Ella told me with a shrug. "I don't even know why it fucking bothers me so much. I know it shouldn't" she rambled. I took a deep breath.

"It's been hard for you too?" I asked her, a small smile creeping on my face. "I can smell" I started but Ella finished for me.

"Jealousy?" She chuckled in amusement. "I know" she admitted. Ella seemed to be confused about her feelings and to be honest, so was I. Julien and I have always had that dog-cat relationship since their breakup but they have always been there for each other.

"What about Jason?" I asked her softly as my eyes focused on the man who was sitting across Hades.

"He is such a nice guy" Ella grunted in exasperation. "Too nice" she continued. My eyes widened at her words.

"There's nothing such as too nice, Ella" I said, a frown slowly taking place on my face. "Too nice is boring. And we both know that Jason is far from being boring" I couldn't believe the fact that I was actually defending Jason. Somehow, I saw that what he felt for Ella was genuine. I had never seen Jason being serious about a relationship until he met my best friend. "I just feel that you're fearing the commitment and as it's new, it's scary" I breathed.

"I dream about that perfect relationship every night, Luna" Ella closed her eyes as she said those words. "But each time, It's not Jason" I could hear the guilt in her voice. "I feel like I'm self sabotaging" she continued.

"You just fear the unknown and Julien is the known and safe person" I tried to understand as I said these words out loud.

"Option" Ella corrected.

"What?" I asked in confusion.

"Julien is the known and safe option" Ella said. My frown deepened at her words. Julien was not an option and neither was Jason.

"You really need to stop treating men like this. We've had this chat before" I told her tauntingly. But I meant my words.

"Yes. We've had this chat and I gave it a try with Ajay. But guess what?" Ella started while wiggling her eyebrows. "Ajay has been in a relationship for the past 3 years!" She exclaimed in disgust. "Cheated on his girlfriend with me" I winced when Ella shook her head in utter disgust.

"You never told me you slept with Ajay" I pointed out. Ella chuckled before turning her attention to me.

"I never tell you who I sleep with" she playfully poked me.

"I told you not to tell me" I corrected.

"Honestly, I don't think you would like to know either" she shuddered. I have missed Ella and our conversation. It had been a while since we have spent time together. "I don't know how to fix this" Ella suddenly said randomly.

"What?"

"My friendship with Julien. He is mad at me" Ella breathed. "I have said and texted some very mean things to him this past week" she admitted with embarrassment. I have always known that my group of friends was messed up but I never really complained about it. My friends were not perfect but they were here for me when I needed them.

"Ex-girlfriend type of mean things?" I asked after I took a sip of my orange juice. My hand was resting on my stomach, feeling a warm bump, subconsciously waiting for a slight movement from my little baby.

"Psycho ex-girlfriend type of shit" she admitted with close eyes. She finished her glass of wine then stared at me with a forced smile. "I was really harsh" she pressed. That would definitely explain why Julien didn't want to cross path with her. I didn't want them to have this cold between them.

"Do you want to talk to him? To apologise?" I asked her, genuinely concerned about my two best friends. We have always been together and I would hate to see a distance create among all of us.

"No" Ella said firmly. "I admit I was harsh. But I was not wrong" she shrugged. I shook my head in disbelief and tried to muster all the patience that I could to deal with my stubborn best friend.

"Ella, you guys are best friends. Just best friends" I said sternly. "Julien never approved your lifestyle but he never judged you" I told her. "You're overstepping the boundaries that you two have created" I didn't want to sugarcoat my words with Ella. I knew how my best friend was. "I think you two need to speak" I finished.

"Julien does not want to speak to me, Luna" Ella snapped in my direction. She seemed to frustrated and confused.

"He won't have a choice, Ella" I retorted back. My best friend turned around to face away from the living room. Her eyes were closed as a cool breeze brushed against her skin.

"I think I need another glass of wine" she them mumbled playfully.

"I will send Julien outside to bring one for you" i chirped in and without waiting another second, I walked back in the living room, bringing all three men's attention to me. "Can you get Ella a glass of wine please, Julien?" I asked politely.

"No" Julien responded casually, making me shoot a glare in his direction. He was already grinning at me.

This was going to be hard.