Chapter 30: Get Out

"Send her in" I simply said through the phone before hanging up. Hades was staring at me intensely, a frown adorning his beautiful face. The way he was sitting on the chair, made it seem like he owned the place. The door opened and a woman walked in.

Her hair was tied in a near bun. Her red pencil skirt gripped to her skin, showing her curves. Her cleavage was at full display. She was wearing a bright red lipstick. Her dark black eyes scrutinised the office as she walked in, chewing a gum at the same time. I stood up as she walked her way to the table. I leant and shook her hand in mine as her eyes scanned me, from head to toe. She did it shamelessly, not caring about my thoughts.

"Laura" she introduced as she settled herself comfortably on the chair next to Hades. I watched as her hand moved to Hades' thigh and she gently squeezed to greet him. It clicked instantly in my head.

Laura.

"Laura who?" I questioned with a frown as I tilted my head, acting confused. Hades stared at me. I could see the corner of his lips moved upward. A flash of amusement glimmered in his eyes.

Could I see pride too?

"Laura Lapin" she answered, with an attitude that I didn't like an ounce. I rose my eyebrow then scoffed lightly. I wanted to yell at Hades for letting Laura Who touch him. He sat there, doing nothing about it.

I knew what was going on behind Laura's head.

"And why are you gracing us with your presence today, Laura?" I asked with a fake smile on my face. I was not going to let personal issues come into the workplace.

"I am Hades' business partner" Laura said proudly. "We've been working together for the past month" she added, turning to look at Hades. Her hand moved to cover his, causing my blood to boil.

Is that how she has been behaving for the past month?

"I am going to schedule your meeting with Mrs Jenkins for Friday morning" I announced.

"Excuse me?" Laura asked as she squinted her eyes.

"Unfortunately I had no idea about this meeting because it was not in my planner. I cannot do a meeting without knowing the topic of discussion"   I said, my eyes moved to Hades and it stayed glued on his.

I was pissed.

My overthinking mind was already picturing their after hours meeting for the past month. I could feel the anger invading each inch of my body. The fact that he remained unfazed by all her touches, showed that he was used to it.

"This is very unprofessional" Laura snapped as she stood up. "I would really like to speak to Mrs Jenkins!" She said in anger. I clenched my jaw then stood up. I placed my hand in front of her, forced a sarcastic smile and snapped.

"Good morning, I'm Luna Jenkins. How can I help you?" I responded. His eyes widened before narrowing in my direction. "Luna Who for you" I added. Hades remained on the chair, his eyes fixed on me.

"Is this a joke?" Laura questioned before turning her attention to my Hades. "What are we doing here?" Laura asked him. "I thought you said you didn't mix sex and work, Hades" she snapped in annoyance. "What the hell are we doing in your freaking prostitute's office?" She asked while picking her hand bag. My eyes widened at her words.

"Get out" I demanded in anger.

"That's what I'm doing" Laura sneered before storming out of the office. I have never been disrespected that much in my entire life. A prostitute?

Hades' prostitute?

"Get Out" I snapped in Hades' direction. The father of my child, failed to defend me while his fucking Business partner tore me to the ground. The disrespect was so loud but he was so silent. Hades stood up and started to make his way to me but I quickly stopped him. I could feel my eyes tearing up.

It was tearing up in anger.

Pure anger.

"I want you out" I repeated as a tear rolled down my cheek. I was not crying. My facial expression was neutral. I didn't want to show him anything. He was the reason his bitch was allowing herself to disrespect.

Fucking Laura Who.

Hades' face hardened.

"Luna" he started but I quickly shook my head.

"If you were not able to utter a fucking work when Laura was allowing herself to call me a fucking prostitute, don't fucking allow yourself to speak now" I sneered while walking to the door. I opened it and turned to look at him. "Now, I want you out of here, Hades" I said and watched as his body stiffened. He walked to the door, turned to look at me and narrowed his eyes in my direction.

"I give up" Hades simply said before walking out. I felt my heart sank as I heard his words. He was never going to understand. I would never allow anyone to disrespect him. I would never allow anyone to speak to him the way Laura did. I would never allow a man to touch me the way that bitch did to him.

I closed the door, walked to the chair and cried my heart out. I stared at the clock, before chuckling humourlessly. It took only ten minutes for this shit to set loose. I had fifteen more minutes to cry. I was so tired. I placed my hand on my tummy and when I felt a small swift in my stomach, i stopped. My eyes widened when I felt a small move again.

My baby was moving.

My little baby was moving. It was his or her first kick! And now the tears were of joy. My little piece of happiness gave me joy again. The anger disappeared as I concentrated myself again on my stomach. I moved my hand over my stomach, trying to find my baby again.

Another kick!