Chapter 49: Come on, best friend!

"What was my role in your whole masquerade?" Jason questioned coldly. He was hurt and his eyes was giving his emotions away. Jason really had feelings for Ella. Julien was already shaking his head.

"She fucking used you, man" Julien muttered in disgust as he stared at Ella as if she was a piece of crap surrounded by flies.

"Unfortunately, that's the truth" Ella shrugged. She was so emotionless, not caring about anyone's feelings except hers. "I had to use you to get close to Hades" she continued. "He tells you everything. And you, poor you, would tell me everything that I needed to know" she said, a sense of pride boosting in her. I inhaled deeply a couple of times. Now was not the time to cry and to pity myself.

"And now you die" Ella said with no remorse. The disbelief was still very much present.

"Ella. Why?" I asked, my voice coming as a whisper as a frown formed on my face.

"Oh, My Goodness! I am so tired of repeating myself over and over again. Luna, let me explain it to you. At times, there is a limit not to trespass. And you did it. You took Hades from me. You had to. And when he didn't give a shit about you, you came up with the awesome idea of getting pregnant! You had to trap him!" She huffed a frustration and anger kept on building as she spoke. She started taking a few steps in my direction, the gun dangerously towards my stomach.

"Put that fucking gun down, Ella" Hades demanded, anger seething through his words. I watched as Ella's eyes softened and a small frown formed on her face. Hades could be very intimidating when he wanted to.

"I did this all for you!" Ella mumbled as she took a few steps away from me. "Why her? Why did you choose her?" She asked softly. "I was right in front of you that day. You stared at me, right into my eyes when she introduced us to each other. You must have felt what I felt, Hades. There was something that happened. A connection" she said as if it was totally obvious.

"Yes. It happened to me too. Love at first sight when Luna introduced all of us to Hades" Julien muttered sarcastically.

"No! Julien! No! I did say that Hades was mine that day!" Ella snapped. "I tortured myself for months! I wanted to be a good best friend. I truly tried" she said as she turned to look at me. "But it became too much! Because I was prioritizing you instead of me! I had decided to torture myself for your own happiness" she continued. "I couldn't see you getting the life that I deserved while I was stuck with the stupid cousin" she sneered. My eyes moved towards Jason. He was staring at the floor, not responding to Ella. I could see that he was hurt by her words. He was really into her. The feelings that Jason has for Ella was genuine and seeing my best friend being so heartless, was creating a turmoil in my head. 

How come I have missed that side of her? 

"You're such a bitch" Julien suddenly snapped in anger. Gone was his sarcastic self and here was Julien in his whole Hulk mode. "Jason gave you everything that you have always wanted. Every fucking thing! Things that you used to say I couldn't give to you!" He sneered. "For fuck sake! Yesterday you were crying your fucking damn soul out because you claimed that you still had feelings for me" Julien shouted as he suddenly got off the couch in anger. He was now standing by my side, while I was sitting on the floor. I lifted my head to look at him and sensing it, he turned to looked at me. His eyes softened at the sight of me on the cold floor. He clenched his jaws before snapping his eyes back on Ella. 

"Sit your ass back down" Laura ordered from behind Ella as she directed the gun threateningly in Julien's direction. A scoff escaped him as his eyes pierced daggers at Ella, completely ignoring Laura's threat. 

"Tell her to shoot me, Ella" Julien urged tauntingly. "Come on, best friend!" he cheered sarcastically as he took a step in her direction. This time, with shaky hands, Ella lifted her gun and pressed it against Julien's chest. 

"I will shoot you myself" Ella muttered. Her voice was very shaky. Her eyes couldn't meet Julien's. They remained fixed on the gun while Julien chuckled humorlessly. 'What I felt for you, was real" she continued. 

"Bullshit" Julien spat. 

"My fucking feelings for you was real!" Ella now yelled back, pressing the gun even harder against his chest. I gulped in fear. The only thing that I could do in the moment, was to pull on his jeans real hard so that he would shut up. "But again, Miss Luna became the main priority. You decided to put her first as well. You didn't care about me anymore. Even our friendship was getting ruined. All that you guys did was make me feel like shit. If I dated someone rich, I was a gold digger. If I dated someone like Jason, I was just toying with his feelings. Everything that I do, does not seem to be good enough for any of you" she busted out, tears running down her cheek as she started breathing heavily in anger. 

"You toyed with his feelings, and you are a gold digger. We still supported you despite all this." Julien scoffed in disbelief. "Shoot me if you have to." he chuckled humorlessly. "I would choose my sister over anything else" he finished as he looked down at me. "Stand-up" he ordered as he gave me his hand to help me up. My eye skimmed everyone in the room. I still didn't understand how come my mother was still asleep amidst all this happening. I didn't know if I was to take the risk to stand up or should I remain on the floor. 

I didn't have the time to think when suddenly a shot was heard.