Chapter 31: Motherly Love

Hades' Point Of View

My knuckles were turning white as I gripped on the steering wheel, harder than ever. It was hard to pretend. It was hard to see her in pain. It was hard to be away from her.

From my baby.

I have never felt so much pain in my entire existence. Feelings were something that I was not used to.

Until Luna walked into my life.

The simple idea of her hating me, was killing me inside. I was bringing her sorrow and despair. All I wanted was to see her at home, in our bed, in our kitchen. I just wanted her there. Luna was making it difficult. Everything that I was doing seemed to be wrong for her. I needed to let her go.

I stopped the car in front of the house and sighed as I stared at it. I got out of the car and clenched my jaw as I walked to the front door. It was as if she was waiting for me. The door opened and I could see the grin on her face already.

"It took you long enough" Laura said smugly as I walked inside.

Luna's Point Of View

Surprisingly enough, today was a good day. Despite all the fuss in the morning, I have had a very good day at work. The meetings went well. I've been able to have lunch with Hemma and Margaret and they were the fresh air that I needed.

I walked inside of the house with a few files in my hands. I was always the one who said not to bring work at home but maybe that was the distraction that I needed at the moment.

"I've gotten so many good feedbacks" my mother gushed as she strutted down the stairs. Tilting my head slightly to the left, I stared at her in perplexity. Then, I sucked on my lips before giving my mother a smile.

"I'm pretty sure you didn't get just good feedbacks" I said, referring to the small irrelevant situation that happened with Laura and Mr Reigns this morning.

"If you're talking about Lapin, I'm certain that she deserved it. I never liked her anyway" my mother shuddered as her thoughts travelled to Laura Lapin. "That woman is despicable" she added. I couldn't help but chuckle at her words.

"I felt my baby move today" I said. My mother quickly turned her attention to me. Her eyes switched from my face to my tummy. She walked to me and placed her hand on my tummy, staring at me with pride.

"Remember this feeling, Luna" my mother told me softly as she then proceeded to cup my cheeks. Her eyes were tearing up as she stared at me in adoration. "My baby is going to have a baby" she then gushed as her eyes then moved back to my tummy. "And this little sweetheart is growing bigger and bigger. I can't wait" she continued. I could feel myself tearing up at the sight of my mother's emotional outburst.

"Mom" I whined as I wrapped my arms around her. I was grateful for having her in my life. Despite all the downs that she has faced in her entire life, she stood on her feet, lifted her head high and straightened her shoulders, ready to fight the world.

"Did you tell Hades yet?" She suddenly asked as she pulled away to look at me. I shook my head then took off my shoes to make my way to the couch. I placed the files on the coffee table before settling myself comfortably on the couch.

"What are you waiting for?" My mother asked while fishing for her phone from her pocket of her sweatpants.

"What are you doing?" I asked her, a frown forming on my face as I tried to put two and two together.

"I'm calling him" she shrugged as if it was completely obvious.

"Let me do it" I offered. I didn't want Hades to think that I was purposely leaving him out of all these experiences that he was meant to have with me, throughout this pregnancy. I didn't want him to think that I was going to stop him from feeling and seeing the baby grow because of the rough moment that we were going through. "I'm an adult. I think it's my place to tell him" I told my mother.

I didn't tell my mother about what happened at the office because it was a problem that I had to fix with Hades first. Talking to other people, will not help the situation improve unless we decide to make a move ourselves. My mother nodded before letting her body fall on the couch. She was still young and I have always wondered while she never gotten into a relationship after my father. I remember encouraging her to go on dates but her main priority was me.

And the business, which was my father's baby.

"Mom?" I started. She turned her face to look at me lazily as she sank deeper in the couch, closing her eyes and relishing the soft feeling of the fabric. Today was her lazy day.

"Hmm?" She hummed in response, possibly to lazy to answer me at this point.

"How come you never dated anyone after Dad?" I asked her, curious about her answer. She opened her eyes, stared at her ceiling, squinting her eyes a little bit, proving that she was in deep thought.

"I was too scared, I guess" She answered truthfully.

"Scared?"

"Trusting someone else is scary. Bringing someone into my life and yours at the same time, was a difficult thing to do" she explained. I frowned before grinning in her direction.

"I'm an adult now" I shrugged.

"And?" She scoffed while rolling her eyes.

"You can find someone" I told her. Another scoff from her, followed by a chuckle.

"If nowadays love is what I can observe with you, young dumb people, then I don't want it" my mother said teasingly.

"What do you mean?" I questioned, quite offended by her words. "What did I do wrong?" I continued.

"You did nothing wrong" my mom quickly said. "But" she continued, making me playfully glare in her direction. "When your father was alive, I never left his side. Fight or not, I never walked out of the house. I stayed in my house, by his side. I tried to fix things. Walking out was never an option or a choice" she said, giving me the side eye. I stared at my mother, registering all her words.

"Do you want me out of here, mother?" I finally asked her in amusement.

***

Hey My Loves!

It's me! Lechna! Thank you for reading! If you guys could please support me in achieving my dream by donating a few dollars on my Buy Me A Coffee!

I want to be able to earn some money through my books by leaving them here, for free! Each dollar counts!

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/LechnaBaram