Chapter 50: Shots

"What the fuck are you doing?" Ella screeched when she watched Julien hold onto his arm before falling onto his knees, right by my side. My mouth has dropped open. I was breathing heavily as I watched the blood ooze out of the gun wound that Julien has just gotten. Laura was pointing her gun in our direction, occasionally switching from Hades to Jason, then to me. Julien was groaning as he held onto the wound with pressure.

"You're letting your feelings get into the way!" Laura snapped in anger while she glared at her cousin. Ella had turned her back to her so that she was now facing Laura. I could see the worry and panic set onto her face. I pulled onto a throw and decided to fold it so that I could wrap Julien's arm. If he lose too much blood, we might lose him too and this was a risk I was not willing to take.

"You fucking shot Julien, Laura" Ella gasped in sudden realisation. I wondered how she thought all this was going to end up like.

"Do you fucking realise that if one of them manage to make it out of this house, it's over for both of us?" Laura questioned in pure anger as the gun was now unconsciously pointing towards Ella. I frowned at Laura's words. What were they planning to do to all of us?

"This is not what we planned, Laura" Ella breathed in pure disbelief as she continuously shook her head. "It was supposed to be just Hades and Luna!" She snapped.

"Collateral damage!" Laura snapped as if it was obvious.

In a snap of a finger, the whole scene turned into a mess. Hades was off the couch and he tacked Ella to the floor. The gun flew out of her hand and ended up right in front of me. My mind suddenly remembered that Laura was standing right in front of them with a gun in her hand. My eyes switched to her. She was standing there, not knowing what to do. Ella was not struggling against Hades. She laid on the floor, her face was pressed against the hard floor.

"Drop that fucking gun, Laura" Hades demanded as he stood up and Jason moved over to make sure that Ella was in a proper hold. Hades faced Laura with no fear of getting shot, while I sat down on the floor, shaking to my core.

Everyone that I cared for, was in this room at this very moment. I had no will in losing or sacrificing any one of them. My eyes moved to Ella's gun that was a hand reach from me. I grabbed it and breathed in relief when I saw that Laura was too focused on Hades.

"You fucked up everything, cousin" she sneered in Ella's direction, her gun directed towards Hades.

"Put the gun down" Hades ordered again. The chills that I felt when I heard his voice, made me shiver. It was scary.

Intimidating.

As per Hades' previous reputation, he was very bad at controlling his anger. One bad move and he could be shot. One wrong word, he could be dead.

We could all be dead.

I needed to protect my family.

My fingers tightened around the trigger. I never thought that I would do this one day. However, my family came first. I could not allow myself to lose any of my loves ones anymore. I have had the experience with losing my father and my sister.

And I was done with experiencing.

With a deep breath, I lifted the gun and aimed at Laura. The more time I took to ponder on this, the more hesitant I would be. I gulped as Laura took a step menacingly towards Hades, trying to make him sit back on the couch. Laura was trying to take control of the situation all over again.

"Sit down, Reigns" Laura demanded as she pressed the gun against Hades' chest. "And you gullible shit, get off Ella n-" The next thing I knew, I pulled the trigger with no remorse. Just like that, Laura fell on the floor.

"Wh-what did I-" I stuttered in shock.

I just shot someone.

"Fucking good job" Julien groaned from next to me, while I stared at Laura's unconscious body lying on the floor. Hades walked to her, moved her around so that she was now on her back.

"She's shot on her arm too. She'll live. Call the ambulance and the police" Hades simply ordered. Jason got off Ella, who remained on the floor without any facial expression on. Her eyes were fixed on Laura. "Luna, love, stand up" Hades cooed. "Luna" he called again. I blinked a couple of times before I finally let a breath of relief.

"She's alive. I didn't kill her" I breathed in relief as the tears started running down my cheeks without my own awareness.

"You should have killed her. This hurts as hell" Julien muttered bitterly as he kept on pressing the cloth onto the gun wound. "And fucking kill that shit too" he spat as he stared at Ella in pure disgust.

Ella stayed there on the floor, tears running down her cheeks as her eyes remained on her cousin. I felt bad for her. I wanted to be there for her. But she has put my family's life in danger. As I took a step in her direction, Hades pulled me back.

"I don't want you speaking to her" his voice came out hard and cold.

"Bu-" I started but Julien quickly cut me off.

"For fuck sake, can you listen for once, Luna?" Julien questioned through gritted teeth.

"They're on their way" Jason announced as he walked back into the living room. He then walked to my mother, pressed his two fingers on her neck and breathed in relief. "I was worried for a moment" he explained when he realised that we were all watching him.

"Let's get out of here" Hades said as he took my hand in his and have a nod in Jason's direction. "I want both of them tied up until the police reach" he demanded, earning a curt nod from his cousin.