Chapter 9: You can leave

The kitchen was getting warmer. Hades has been sitting in front of me for the past ten minutes, staring at me. Somehow it was not bothering him that I was in front of him, completely drenched and cold. His eyes seemed cold.

"How are you?" I asked hesitantly, trying to make a conversation. That come out very awkward as my voice croaked at the end. He clenched his jaws before standing up. He did look very intimidating. His beard was a bit longer and it was well-trimmed. His eyes screamed fatigue.

"Did you really drive here to ask me if I was good?" Hades asked me. He had hatred coating his words. I blinked at how cold and detached he sounded.

"Did you bother to ask how I was three weeks ago?" I questioned back. I made sure that my tone was gentle. I didn't want to turn his whole thing into an argument.

"I was not the one who pushed you away" He muttered.

"Hades, stop. Please" I practically begged while staring at him. "Don't put up this act. Don't act like you don't care about me. About us" I breathed while closing my eyes.

"I am not acting. When I cared, you didn't" Hades said while shrugging. "Now I really don't care about you. There is no us" He said. "I am not going to give you the chance to play me the way you did again" He muttered.

"Play you? I played you?" I asked him in disbelief.

"Whatever you did" He snapped while getting closer to me. His face was a few inches from mine. I could feel his breath fanning all over my face. I refused to look away. "I was the one getting fucked" He sneered. "What I felt for you, was real. And you didn't even bother once to ask me how I felt about you letting us go. I was nothing but a mere decision for you" Hades spat in anger.

Is that what he thought?

That I didn't give a fuck about him?

"I was thinking about you and Hannah" I tried to say but even to me it made no sense.

"There was never me and Hannah. It was me and you. Even if Hannah was pregnant with my fucking kid, I would have chosen you, and my kid. It would have always been you" He chuckled humorlessly. He then ran his hand in his hair before staring at me and taking a step back.

"What did you need?" He asked coldly.

"I needed to see you" I said hesitantly. The cold façade that he was pulling, was working. I didn't want to tell him anything. I wanted to cry. I wanted to find my old Hades back. I wanted to find my safe place again.

"You saw me. Now you can leave" Hades simply muttered before walking to the front door. I couldn't believe that was happening. I couldn't believe that he didn't want to have anything to do with him. I stared at the floor as the tears rolled down my cheeks. I didn't want him to see what he was causing. I guess that's how he felt when I ended everything with him. I walked out of the house, not daring once to lift my head and to look at him. I didn't care about the rain or the cold. I walked to my car, got into it and released the breath that I have been keeping inside of me.

Hades didn't love me anymore.

I rose my head to look at his house and saw him standing there by his door. He was staring at me.

Hades' Point Of View

Her hair was dripping everywhere. She was so beautiful, standing there with her arms wrapped around herself. She seemed so innocent. Everything in me was telling me to pull her petite self to me.

But I refused to listen to these parts.

I refuse to be weak again. Luna has taken such an important part in my life that I lost control over everything. I could see that pain flashed in her eyes when she heard my words. I watched as she stared at the ground with tears in her eyes. She made her way to the door, stopped to look at her car, then walked out without turning to look at me.

I wanted her to yell. I wanted her to fight for what we had. She did none of all this. Lune walked away again. I stood there. She walked to her car. The rain and cold didn't seem to bother her. She got inside of the car and after a few seconds, our eyes met.

She was the woman I was in love with.

She broke my heart.

Somehow, my heart was breaking more to see her like this.

A feeling of sadness overwhelmed me when I saw her headlights turned on. She drove off. She drove off thinking that I despised her. I wanted her to feel how I felt. I clenched my jaws, pulled my keys from the tray on the side table and walked out of the house. I couldn't just let her leave like this. She was upset. I should have stopped her. The garage door opened and I jumped in the car. I didn't care whether I was leaving the door open.

It was the least of my concern.

I should have stopped her.

The rain was pouring heavily.

I started the car and started driving. I needed to make sure that she was reaching home safely. As I sped on the road, I noticed her car in front of mine. I drove slowly and stayed behind her. I needed to play lowkey. I doubted that she would notice that it was my car, with that heavy rain falling. Luna was driving slowly and safely. That was very reassuring to me. I should have asked her to stay back but my controlling and egoistical self wouldn't let me.

I wanted her to feel what I felt for the past three weeks.

Despair.