Chapter 13: Due Time

I was sitting on Hades' patio. He had his people set up a beautiful table outside for us to have dinner. It was very cute. There were some red rose on the table. Candles were lit and it seemed very romantic.

"Thank you for this" I thanked while staring at me. Hades' was wearing his suit. He looked so much older than the last time I have seen him. I would say that these last three weeks have worn him out.

"Anything for you, Sweetheart" He said. "I wanted to have this conversation with you. I want a fresh start. No fake dating. I want you for real" he said suddenly.

"You didn't have me for real?" I asked in confusion.

"Our relationship started as a lie, Luna" Hades sighed. "This is not what you deserve. You deserve someone who will take your hand in his" He said slowly as he took my hand in his and stared at me genuinely. "And ask you properly to be his girlfriend" He continued. "Will you do me the honor of being mine, Miss Jenkins?" Hades asked me.

My mind had gone blank. This was such a sweet gesture but deep down, I knew that before giving him an answer, I should tell him the truth. I should tell him what he was walking in. I didn't want him to feel stuck with me and a baby without wanting that. I took his hand in mine and smiled at him.

I could feel my heart beats race in my ribcage. There was a heat that was taking over all my body. I felt like I was going to pass out. I gulped down, trying to get this knot out. I closed my eyes, took a deep breath, trying to calm myself down.

"Is there a problem, sweetheart?" Hades asked me hesitantly. I opened my eyes to see the man who I was utterly in love with. He was not one to back off from his responsibilities but coming to tell him that I was pregnant with his baby after what Hannah did to him, was what felt wrong.

"I feel like I am going to pass out" I whispered. My eyes were tearing up. That was the stress and fear that was coming out.

"Luna" Hades sighed. "I would understand if you said No" He continued. "I have been a total asshole with you. I said things that I regret. But I know that you're my happiness. I know that my mind is not settled when you're away from me. I know that these past three weeks have been hell for me" Hades started. He thought that I was hesitating.

"Hades. I would love to be your girlfriend" I told him as one tear rolled down my cheek. I couldn't help the smile that crept its way on my face.

For fuck sake. I have been crying so much lately.

He squeezed my hand in his and brought it to his lips. He kissed the back of my hand then stared at my fingers. I stared at him. The frown on his face showed that he was thinking about something very deeply.

"I would love a ring on your finger" Hades said out loud.

"You asked me to be your girlfriend. Not your wife" I joked. He let go of my hand and rose his head to look at me.

"Everything in due time" Hades told me with a smile.

Everything in due time.

Our baby was due in seven months.

How was I going to tell him about our baby after he just said something like this? My pregnancy was not in his plans. He was planning for us to have a normal relationship. I was starting to overthink this. All I could think about was how bad I felt.

"Now to celebrate" Hades said as he took the bottle of champagne from the table. He popped it open and I smiled at this scene.

The happiness that was on his face was priceless. And that was because, we were finally able to be together without any drama. Hades poured the champagne in my glass. I could smell in the alcohol in it. There was no way I was going to drink this. He gave me my glass and he held his.

"Cheers to us" he whispered as he lifted the glass in the air. I did the same and watched as he took a sip of his drink. I simply put my glass on the table and stared at him. I was not at peace with myself. He deserved to know as soon as possible. Hades turned around to look at the chef who was standing on the side, preparing some dished. "Can I get the entrée, please?" He asked formally. The chef walked to us, with two small plates.

Oh No.

Sushi.

Raw Fish.

I internally scoffed at this scene. Everything in the universe was telling me to tell him. The Sashimi looked so good. A sigh escaped my lips.

"I feel like there's something wrong, sweetheart" Hades suddenly said. I rose my eyes to look at him. He had a frown on his face and he looked so handsome. I wanted to wipe his frown away.

It was now or never.

"I can't eat this" I muttered.

"I'll have the chef do something else for you" he quickly said.

"Hades, calm down" I whispered. "I can't drink this as well" I continued. He frowned at my words. Hades looked extremely confused.

"I'll get you something else" he said. I watched as he got out of his chair to get another bottle.

"Hades, Sit down" I ordered. I face-palmed myself at this point. "I have something to tell you" I started. His face dropped. He walked to me, took my hand in his and pulled me in a hug.

"Luna, please don't do it" He suddenly said. I frowned in confusion at his words.

"Do what?" I questioned.

"Don't leave me again. I can feel that you're not happy here. I can feel like there's something bothering you" Hades started. I pulled away and slapped my hand over his mouth to shut him up. I stood on my toes to give him a kiss on his forehead.

It was now or never.