chp | twelve

"Okay, y/n, we're here. If you see anything you like, just put it in the trolley."

Jimin told you as the two of you walked into the store. You looked around the place with wide eyes. The number of happy hybrids with their owers inside surprised you.

Although you were blessed with good owners once or twice in your life, seeing things like this felt odd to you.

You forgot what it felt like to be treated the way 'a hybrid should' because the last good owner you had was when you were seven. After that, you were in and out of different hell homes.

"Why don't we start down the snack aisle?" Jimin asked, snapping you out of your thoughts, and you nodded.

"Hm, this morning Yoongi gave me a couple of things you enjoyed eating that you guys didn't buy yesterday. How about we look for those?"

"Do you think they still make those meaty tender sticks?" You asked while Jimin's eyes furrowed in confusion. "Do you remember the brand name?"

"Yeah! Sheba! They were Sheba if I remember correctly," you told him.

"The one for cats?" He muttered. "It's for cats?" You asked with a frown on your face, and Jimin nodded.

"If it's the right brand I'm thinking about, then yeah... the pet cat I had growing up used to eat those. She used to love those, actually."

"Oh... am I not allowed to those then? Since they're for cats?"

Jimin could hear the evident disappointment in your face, and it instantly reminded him of the phone call he had with your brother this morning.

"Jimin... Yesterday you told me that you wanted to take y/n out and buy some things, right?" Yoongi asked, and he hummed in response.

"Uh, so, I don't know what kind of things you want to buy, but I need to tell you some things about what y/n likes when it comes to food."

"Please, go ahead."

"So, uh, as you know, our old owners weren't the greatest, right? And food and snack specifically made for hybrids can be pricey... because of that, our owners used to give regular pet food." Yoongi explained, and a frown formed on Jimin's face.

"Regular pet food?"

"Yeah. The kind of food dogs and cats eats. Because we're feline hybrids, they gave us cat food. When our owners gave us our first meal with cat food, we got a little sick. It took some getting used to it, but we got used to eventually."

Yoongi let out a soft sigh before continuing.

"I knew that what they were feeding wasn't right. I mean, I had proper owners before that wack couple, but yeah. I knew it was wrong and that we shouldn't be eating it, but I couldn't not eat it. That was the main thing they fed us. Shit, I'm dragging this, so let me just get to the point."

"It's okay, Yoongi. If you need to give me an hour-long back story to understand your point, I don't mind listening to that," Jimin told him.

"No, I don't want to keep you long. Anyway, in summary, since we rarely got proper food or hybrid treats, cat food was what my sister was used to having in her diet. Please don't be surprised if you find out that any of her favourite things are for literal animals. I don't want her to think she's weird for liking those."

"Jimin, please can you buy her just one packet of each of her favourite cat food and cat treats? Nothing more than one." Yoongi's request caused Jimin's face to turn in confusion.