chp | twenty one

Taehyung softly hummed as he gently pushed the doors open with his body, unable to use his hands because they were full. In one hand, he was holding a drink carrier with two cups of coffee and a bag of muffins in the other.

Jimin sent a text in the group chat earlier, complaining that he didn't think he would be home tonight because he was so busy.

So Taehyung decided to bring him something to light to eat.

As soon as he entered and looked around the building, his eyes widened. Doctors, nurses and caretakers were all over the place, helping the hybrids that seemed to keep coming in. He couldn't remember the last time this place was this busy.

"Hello, Julie. Busy night, I see," He said, walking up to the receptionist at the front desk.

"Hello, Mr Kim," the receptionist greeted. "And yes. I think this is the busiest we've ever been."

"I think so, too," he chuckled. "By the way, are the doctors okay? Do you think they'll need a hand?"

"Probably not now. There aren't many hybrids with serious injuries," Julie told him. "But you should ask Mr Park. He would know better."

"Where do you think Jimin would be in all this chaos?"

"Most likely in his office. He mentioned something about planning an open adoption day," Julie sighed.

"Okay, thank you," he smiled before walking towards the elevator.

"An open adoption day already?" Taehyung asked himself as he waited for the lift to arrive. "Makes sense, though."

Open Adoption days are when the doors of Paws Protect are open to everyone. It's a day for both people and hybrids.

People get to come to the building, find a hybrid or hybrids they want to adopt and spend time with them.

Hybrids don't have to spend the entire day with one person. Obviously, they can spend time with different people.

If a hybrid feels like they no longer want to spend time with a person, they can move on to the next.

And at the end of the day, hybrids can decide if they want to go home with someone. Or not. It's not a must to leave.

Hybrids that decide to go home with someone are given one month before official adoption papers can be signed.

And to ensure hybrids aren't being abused, there will be unannounced checkups for the first six months.

When the elevator doors opened, Taehyung sighed before walking in.

-

"Guess who?" He sang, walking into his boyfriend's office.

"Hey," Jimin smiled, closing the file. "What're you doing here?"

"You were complaining about not going home, so I decided to come and bring you something light to eat," he said, lifting his hands to show the drinks and bag of muffins. Taehyung sat on the edge of Jimin's desk before placing the stuff he bought next to him.

"Is the other drink for you?" Jimin asked, taking a sip of one of the drinks.

"Nope. It's for (y/n). Where is the girl anyway?" Taehyung asked. He expected you to be here, but you weren't.

"I had to send her home," his boyfriend sighed, sitting back down. "As much as I wanted to stay with her... today is just too busy."

"You sent her home? Home as in our house?" He asked, and Jimin hummed in response. "Why didn't you send her to Hoseok's?"