𝓟𝓻𝓸𝓵𝓸𝓰𝓾𝓮 - 𝓟𝓪𝓻𝓽 8

Chaeyoung POV

"The Queen of Hearts?" Grim repeated. "Is she important?"

The newcomer nodded his head, his ginger hair swinging from side to side. "In the past, she was the queen who lived in the Rose Maze. She valued strict rules and discipline above all. Everything had to be perfect to the march of the Card Soldiers to the colour of the rose bushes. It was a land of madness where everyone obeyed her rules. Why, you ask?" He then dragged his thumb across his throat. "It would be off with your head if you break them!!" 

Grim’s fur stood on end. "That's terrifying!" 

"I have to agree with you there…" I nodded.  

The ginger tilted his head to the side. "Really? I think it's cool! Nobody's gonna listen to a queen who's nice all the time, right?"

"I suppose you're right!" Grim agreed with a grin. "A strong leader is better!"

"Yeah but," Yuu began, turning everyone's attention to her. "Wouldn't that just make people fear her instead of respecting her?" 

The ginger shrugged. "Eh, you're boring." 

"By the way, who are you?" Grim asked. 

The ginger winked, showing off the heart on his eye. "I'm Ace. Sparking new first year. Nice to meet ya~!" 

"I'm Grim, a genius who will become the world's greatest magician!" The fire-cat grinned. "And these are my loyal henchmen, Yuu and Chaeyoung." 

I sighed. "Grim, we aren't your henchmen." 

"Those are weird names." Ace commented. He turned to me. "Hey, what kind of beastman are you?" 

"Snake." I quickly replied. 

“Cool.” He grinned. “That was awesome, your performance at the entrance ceremony!” The ginger looked like he had sparkles in his eyes. 

“Oh-uh, thanks…” I blushed. Ace was about to say something else but then was interrupted by Grim.

“Hey, Ace. So is the lion with the scar over there also famous?” The fire-cat pointed to the next statue. 

“Of course!” Ace exclaimed. “This is the king of the Beasts who rules the Savanna. However, he was not born to be the king, but he took the throne through effort and elaborate planning. After becoming king, he even invited the hyenas, who were considered outcasts, to live in his kingdom without descrimination.” 

“Ooh. So he’s cool as rock’n’roll for getting past, um,uh,” Grim stumbled on his words. “social status, was it? What even is that, anyway?” Yuu was about to explain but he already moved on. “Who’s the lady with the octopus legs?”