𝓟𝓻𝓸𝓵𝓸𝓰𝓾𝓮 - 𝓟𝓪𝓻𝓽 12

"Hah

"Hah...what..hah...was that?" Ace panted as we sat down far away from the cave. I put Deuce down and stretched.

"It didn't seem like any other ghost we saw." Yuu stated as she ran her hand through her hair.

I nodded. "It felt like I was fighting a villain back from Musutafu. But as far as I know, only me and Yuu are from Japan."

Ace groaned as he stood up. "Well I ain't fighting it, that's for sure. Let's just give up and go home. I'd rather get expelled."

"What?! Don't screw with me!" Deuce exclaimed angrily, "I'd rather die before facing expulsion! There was a magic crystal right in front of our faces. You think I could just get up and leave!?"

The ginger scoffed. "You talk big for someone who has worse magic than me. Go alone if you want. I'm done."

A tick mark formed on Deuces temple. "Oooh, is that right? Then WALK AWAY LIKE THE SPINELESS COWARD YOU ARE!"

Ace turned and faced the blue haired boy. "HUH? COWARD? Who exactly are you talking about?"

Grim sweatdropped. "Erm... Deuce? What was that switch just now?"

"Ah!" He quickly regained his composure. "My bad, I completely lost it."

"What should we do..." Yuu mumbled.

"Can't you guys use flashy magic that goes like 'BAM' 'POW'!" Grim jumped in and started punching the air in time with his sound effects.

Deuce shook his head. "Large-scale and complicated magic requires a lot of practice and focus to use."

"That's why we have magic schools." Ace continued, "You have to practice a lot to use magic just as it comes to mind."

Yuu nodded. "So to put it short, if you mess up then you lose your cool."

Ace and Deuce nodded.

"So that's why Grim can only use fire." I put my hand up to my face to hide my smile.

"Wha-? I-I'll be able to use more mind blowing magic eventually!" Grim shouted.

I chuckled and scratched the back of his ears. I smiled as he leaned into my touch. "I know you will Grim, I believe in you."

Deuce sighed, bringing my attention back to the rest of the group. "At this rate, I'm going in. I'll figure out how to beat that thing and come back with the crystal."

Ace rolled his eyes. "Oh, please. Judging by the chandelier incident earlier that got us into this mess plus your actions so far, you're a complete fool, aren't you? You couldn't land a single hit earlier, but now you'll "FIgUrE iT oUt"? It's gonna end the same." He put his hands up and imitated Deuce's voice.

"Come again?!"

And the two started bickering again.

Grim sighed. "Here they go again..."