𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓒𝓻𝓲𝓶𝓼𝓸𝓷 𝓣𝔂𝓻𝓪𝓷𝓽 - 01

"Painting roses red! We're painting roses red!"

Painting... roses?

"Excuse me?" A girl with long blonde hair called out. "Why are you painting roses red?"

"Well miss, we accidentally planted white roses instead of red." A card soldier answered. It was the two clovers.

The ace of clovers continued the explanation. "And you see, the Queen likes them red. If she saw them white, we'd all lose our heads!" The card dragged the wooden end of the paintbrush across his neck as if it was a dagger.

The girl gasped. "Goodness!"

The three clovers went back to painting. "Since this is the part we dread, we're painting the roses red."

Where is this anyway?

Knock

Knock

I slowly opened my eyes, fighting the urge to fall back asleep. I looked around as I got up, hoping to find some form of light out of the darkness.

Grim yawned beside me. "Hey, Chaeyoung, it sounds like we have a visitor..."

Walking to the door, I opened it only to find Yuu standing there.

"Heard it too?" she asked.

"Yup." I nodded, and we both headed down together.

Knock

Knock

"Who is it?" I asked, still groggy from waking up.

"It's Ace. Let me in." A muffled voice responded.

Opening the door, I let out a confused sound. A heavy heart-shaped collar was around the ginger's neck.

"Gah?! What's with the collar!" Grim yelled out in shock.

"I'm never going back to Heartslabuyl again!" Ace declared. "Starting today, I'm joining your dorm!"

"HUH!"

"So

"So... what's with the collar?" Yuu asked awkwardly.

Ace leaned back on the old couch. "I ate a tart."

I sat there dumbfounded. "I'm sorry, you what?"

"You heard me. I was feeling a little peckish because I missed dinner, so I wandered down to the dorm kitchen and saw a whole tart in the fridge. And then it turns out there were three whole tarts! So...."

"Ugh, I'm beat, and it's only day one." Ace walked to the kitchen clutching his stomach. "Man, missing dinner seriously has me starving."

He opens the fridge and immediately sees the tarts. "Those tarts look good! There's so much in here, surely no one would notice if one goes missing, right?"

The ginger carefully takes out the first tart and cuts a small slice. "Bon appétit.. Woah! These tarts taste amazing! Holy hell!"

"Of course they do, Trey made them himself."

Ace smiled. "Seriously! Man, that guy's good! This is stuff you can't buy..." He turned around and his smile dropped. Only to be replaced with shock as the colour slowly drained from his face. "D-dorm prefect!"

The perefect scowled, tapping his sceptre. "You certainly are a brave one to even consider laying your hands on what's mine. Rule #89 of the Queen of Hearts: "one mustn't eat the Queen's tarts ahead of her". Theft is an unforgivable crime."

"OFF WITH YOUR HEAD!"

We all went silent after Ace's story. The boy looked at the three of us.

"So are you gonna say something or.....?"

"You're both in the wrong." Grim stated bluntly.

"WHAT!" Ace yelled. I flinched at the sudden shout. "Don't you think that it's a little much to seal my magic because of a tart?! I'm a mage! This is like having no arms or legs! And there was no way that tiny guy could have eaten all three tarts himself!"

Yuu nodded beside. "Sealing someone's magic for a little thing like that is a little over the top..."

"See? She agrees!" Ace interrupted.

"However, maybe it was for a party."

"A party?"

I nodded. "That explains the anger. Did you apologise?"

The ginger frowned. "Isn't this the part where you say, oh I agree with you ace, big bad prefect is being a power freak?" He cleared his throat and did his best imitation of a girl. Although, it sounded more like a strangled frog.

"You're also at fault for eatin' his food." Grim interjected.

"I'm sure he'll forgive you if you apologise." Yuu told the Heartslabuyl boy.

"Don't' estimate grudges over food, Yuu. Hey! The headmaster never gave me my tuna!"

"I'll get you tuna tomorrow, Grim." I ruffled his fur on his head.

"Whatever, I just have to say sorry right?" Ace looked at me and Yuu. "This wasn't my idea, so you two are coming with me."

I nodded. "Alright, but we need sleep first."

"Where am I sleeping?"

"Down here on the couch."

"What why?!"

"Because the only clean rooms are taken and filled to the max." Yuu rolled her eyes.

Ace let out a strangled noise. "Come on, Chaeyoung, let me sleep in your room! Look at me, I'm a noodle! I can fit!"

I looked at him and sighed. "Maybe another time, Ace. I'm just really tired right now." Before he could object, I was already up the stairs. "Good night!"

"Stingy I guess, Good night!"

word count: 866

So we like it so far?