𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓒𝓻𝓲𝓶𝓼𝓸𝓷 𝓣𝔂𝓻𝓪𝓷𝓽 - 03

"Then who's birthday is it?" Yuu questioned.

"No one's. Tomorrow's our dorm's traditional Unbirthday Party. The dorm leader chooses a day where no one has a birthday once a month and we have a tea party."

Tomorrow's also Kalim's dorm party. I thought. I should probably make something for him.

"The hell kinda tradition is that!" Ace yelled.

Cater laughed. "You don't have to worry about that for now! Just focus on making the roses red. Deuce, Grim, you guys can use your magic. Ace, Yuu, Chaeyoung, you guys can paint them manually." He gave us each a bucket of paint and a paintbrush.

"Cater, can I have two more?" I asked, "I can use my lashers to paint as well."

He nodded, and gave me two more.

"Alright! We better hurry, don't want to lose our heads!"

𓆩♡𓆪

Deuce and Grim were doing worse than expected.

For starters, instead of the roses being red, Deuce was turning them any colour but red. And Grim, well, he's just setting everything on fire.

Sighing, I turned around to continue painting, humming a little tune.

"How are you so fast?" Yuu questioned, watching me with amazement.

She was right, I was already on my 3rd bush while she and Ace were still on their first.

"I guess my lashers just help me go faster." I shrugged.

"Wow, Chaeyoung is doing better than both of you!" Cater said to Deuce and Grim.

Grim huffed, "whatever! Why can't the roses be left white anyway? They're prettier like that."

"It's tradition." The orange haired boy answered. "Roses must always be red for the Unbirthday Party! For croquet, we use seven different coloured flamingos as the bat's, and hedgehogs as balls. Oh, and an important thing to remember is that the roses must be white for the spring concert of flowers."

Yuu frowned. "But doesn't that count as animal abuse? None of these rules make any sense."

"They say the rules were decided by one of the great seven: the Queen of Hearts. Even compared to previous dorm leaders, Riddle is the most passionate about following them. I must say he can be a bit excessive at times...."

Riddle, so that's the prefect's name.

Ace shook his head, annoyed. He walked up to Cater. "Listen I don't have time for this, where's the dorm prefect. I need to speak to him."

"Yeah I think he's still here." A sly smile spread across his face. "Say, did you bring a replacement tart?"

"A replacement tart?" Ace repeated. "No... I came here first thing."