𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓒𝓻𝓲𝓶𝓼𝓸𝓷 𝓣𝔂𝓻𝓪𝓷𝓽 - 05

“I wouldn't do that if I were you

“I wouldn't do that if I were you.” I caught his fist with my clawed hand, a soft blue glow emerging. “I mean, you don't want to cause a scene, do you?”

His eyes drooped slightly. “Stay…out of this…”

“What did I say? Show your seniors respect!” The other Heartslabuyl senior raised his hand, coming down in a slap.

Before he could, one of my lashers went up and wrapped around his hand. The snakeskin pushed his hand away as the metal paused right before his throat.

“Listen, we're all friends here right?”
I released my grip on their hands, throwing my arms around their shoulders. “Say, how about we call it even. We leave you guys alone, and you leave us alone. Got that!”

One of them nodded, yawning. “Let's go…it's not worth it. I'm so tired…”

I pushed them slightly towards an empty table, before turning back to the others. The talking resumed throughout the cafeteria.

“Woah… that was amazing!” Grim looked at her in awe, stars in his eyes. Yuu and Deuce nodded in agreement.

“It's nothing really…” I rubbed the back of my neck, walking towards one of the empty tables.

Ace shook his head as the group followed. “Um no. That was so cool. You need to do that power stealing thing every time someone messes with us!”

I frowned sitting down. “No. I only use it if I have to.” I replied immediately. “We went over this already, didn't we?”

“Yeah, but imagine all the stuff you could get away with! Get caught and just put them to sleep.”

“I said no.” My frown deepened as I stared at him, on the verge of glaring. “It's too dangerous. I'm a hero, not a villain.” My fingers played with the hem of my shorts.

Before the conversation could go any further, a familiar voice made its way to our table.

“Hey, hey! It's the famous freshmen!” Cater waved as he walked to our table, a green haired boy beside him.

𓆩♡𓆪

“It's you! You tricked us into painting those roses!” Ace and Grim shouted angrily. On the other hand, Yuu smiled and nodded her head as a greeting while I smiled and waved to him.

The ginger laughed as he waved his hand dismissively. “Aw, don't be so mean. It's not like I wanted to, dorm rules.” He pouted playfully, his eyes meeting mine. “Chaeyoung! You look so photogenic right now! Say cheese!” Before I could say anything, he took out his phone, taking multiple photos at different angles.

I blinked. “Oh, um…” A slight blush crept across my face. Even as a pro hero, I could never get used to all of the attention.

“You were grinning all the while…” Deuce sweatdropped, feeling awkward from his senior's behaviour.