4. If she marries a handsome,rich guy.....

What do you think will happen to Reema's marriage _Gagana_Reddy_?

The next day at the office, I was called to Father's cabin. I saw him sitting on his magnificent chair, while Karthik was sprawled out on the couch near by. "Here! This is the prenup, Bhairav sent. It states that you will never be entitled to any of his property or income, during the period of wedding. And would not get anything if there is a divorce. Go ahead and sign it".

I have seen how Father treats Radha ma'am, I know as husband and wife that we are entitled for each other's finances. But then ours is not a proper marriage and I don't deserve to be his wife. So I am okay with these terms and conditions. I took the papers and signed it immediately.

Karthik snorted as soon as I signed, "You should atleast read, What is written on the papers you dumbo! Papa only mentioned one of the condition! The other one states that your children will never inherit any of Bhairav's property. All of his property will only go to our darling Kriya".

"Let it be, Karthik. It's not like she can comprehend what's written. If she has minimum common sense, she would know that her children will face the same fate as her, because of these signatures. Anyways get out! I don't have time for you anymore".

I flinched, I was used to this tone but still flinched. My children! Same fate as me? Unwanted and Unrequited? I would not wish this kind of life even for the enemy.How did I do this? My anxiety peaked.

"Papa! Stop scaring her. Look she is wriggling her fingers. Poor thing. Don't worry, Dumbo, I have a solution for that. Just don't have kids. Then they will not have the fate similar to yours. Simple!" He said with a bright smile. "Now I believe you are not stupid enough to forget the way back to your table?"

I did not reply him. It's not like he wanted one. I just walked back to the table. I tried working, but could not. I kept remembering Kirti's tired smile as she took Kriya into her arm, the very first time. To think I may never have that smile, was really daunting. But may be this is God's way of punishing me for ruining an entire family's happiness. I probably deserve this. Hence resigning to my fate, I accepted this punishment too. I hope, all of this ends one day!

Next day, I was fired from my job! The reason was that my new job as a nanny would start soon. I was supposed to concentrate on that. 'Good riddance', my senior said, as I was walking out.

A week later I found myself standing next to Bhairav, in the Registrar's office signing my wedding certificate. Bhairav was accompanied by his two younger brothers Pranav and Dhruv. Father and Karthik had come to sign on my behalf. After signing, Bhairav hooked a simple black beaded chain around my neck. We exchanged garlands, took a single photo and thus I was married!

Married on December 10th!