20. The cupcakes smell, look and taste nice

I thought about what Shyamalamma said

I thought about what Shyamalamma said. I should do something about it. What would Kirti do? But, Kirti was never in a similar situation.

How did she treat people in the office? She was sweet, got along with people easily, but when it came to work, she was strict. She liked giving gifts and bonuses for festivals and special occasions.

That's it! A gift. Did Kirti not gift me something everytime Radha ma'am hurt me? That's fixed then! I will gift something to Shreya.

But .. I don't have money to buy something. I thought over it for a while and decided to make something for her. I have always been told that my cooking is great.

I rushed to the kitchen to check if I have the necessary ingredients. Noting down everything I need, I decided to go to buy them. But Shyamalamma stopped me, and told me that she would ask someone to get the things in the list. I smiled and nodded.

"What do you think of my idea, Shyamalamma?"

She merely hummed and said, "will see how it works. By the way, since you are preparing something for them, you should personally deliver it too. It will make a greater impact".

I nodded. That probably makes sense. Then, I should probably ask Anupama for an outfit for tomorrow.

After sometime, the ingredients necessary for cupcakes were bought. I thought I should probably make a test batch now. I prepared batter for chocolate cupcakes. I licked and smiled to myself as I liked the taste. This is going to be one hell of chocolate cupcakes.

Just then, Bhairav came home.

"Oh Bhairav! You are back? Freshen up, I will get some..." Shyamalamma started, but was cut off by him.

"I have a meeting Shyamalamma. I have no time. I need to get ready," with that he walked to his room.

I put my cupcakes in the oven, and set the timing. After that, I dragged the stool and sat in front of the oven. I absolutely loved watching food bake in the oven. People may find it weird, but watching cupcakes or cakes raise in the oven is my guilty pleasure.

I was lost in my pleasure, the cupcakes had just started to raise, when I heard a throat clearing. When I turned around, Bhairav was standing in the kitchen, his arms folded in front of him, and his eyebrows raised.

As usual I got up. The stool I sat on moved back with a screech. I winced.

"What's cooking!" He asked.

"I.. chocolate cupcakes".

"Hmm.. smells great. But, I heard you make a 'bomb' Carrot cake?"

That was what Kirti used to say. The carrot cake I made was her favourite. I just put my head down in response.

"Would love to taste it someday," he said. I nodded again. He sighed and walked out. He wanted to taste my carrot cake? Why not make it now? With that thought in mind I turned around to start with the cake batter.