21. Found myself in his arms!

In next few hours I prepared carrot cake and iced it with brown butter frosting

In next few hours I prepared carrot cake and iced it with brown butter frosting. Yum! Then I put it in the fridge to chill. I also made the frosting for the chocolate cupcakes, I am going to bake tomorrow.

When Bhairav came home, I was left with no choice but serve him, because Shyamalamma had already left. I had already arranged everything on the table. When he sat down on the table, I bought out the cake.

I fiddled as he looked at the cake. His eyebrows rose and he looked surprised. But ... did he not ask for the cake?

He then proceeded to cut the cake, and served himself a piece.

"Bomb, huh! Kirti wasn't wrong," he mumbled to himself.

"Tastes good. Here, why don't you have some?" He asked getting ready ti cut a piece.

"No, no. I am good". I moved back.

He cut a piece of cake and put it on the table and said, "come on, have it!"

I shook my head and was about to take another step back when his hand shot out to grab me. That unexpected pull, combined with my lack of resistance, landed me straight in his arms. I stood still for a moment, mainly due to shock, before I moved away. Only to realise his grip on my hand hadn't loosened. Noticing that, he left my hand and mumbled a 'sorry', and walked away with his plate.

The next day, I got up to make cupcakes, as they need some time to chill before frosting them.  The rest of the morning I was busy with Kriya. When the time came, I packed Bhairav's lunch and the cupcakes in a disposable paper box. I got ready in the saree Anupama sent me.

When I reached the office, Shreya looked at me and said, " Afternoon Ma'am. Sir's in the office. You can go right away".

I smiled hesitantly and walked closer to her desk. "Shreya. I am sorry for what happened. I hope I didn't cause you much of a trouble".

She smiled, "it was my mistake for assuming, Ma'am! I should have confirmed. That's my job".

I wanted to point out that I could have told her that I was the boss's wife. But I did not know if that was the right thing to say. Instead I told her, "Anyways, I made you cupcakes. As a sorry? They aren't much, but I baked them. So, hopefully you will like them".

Her eyes widened and she looked pleasantly surprised. "Ma'am, I... you did not have to. It was my..."

I cut her off, "please, I would feel better?"  Damn it! Why did I cut her off? I should have let her speak. I was so rude! How can I expect her to accept my apology, if I am rude in doing so?

She took the box anyways. "Thank you, ma'am. It means a lot. Thank you!" I nodded, awkwardly! There was nothing worthy of a thankyou!

Then, I moved to Bhairav's office.

"Good afternoon, ma'am!" Bharat wished with a bow. Oh no! This is so embarassing! Bharat, who is highly educated, bowing to me? A person with no degree! Just because I am Bhairav's wife?