15. Everything is fine, isn't it?

I wanted to prepare the dinner, but Shyamala Amma did not agree

I wanted to prepare the dinner, but Shyamala Amma did not agree. She made dinner and asked me to start cooking from tomorrow. Since I was too tired with the day I let her prepare the dinner. The next morning I got up early, the regular house help came around to clean the house. I gave them a smile and freshened up. After the Pooja, I entered the kitchen.

Kirti was very health conscious, combined with her time in foreign land, she always made smoothie bowls for breakfast. She used to say Bhairav liked Spiced Apple Plum smoothie. She did share recipes with me but, neither did I have money for the costly ingredients nor did my palate sit well with it. So I respectfully declined. But I have all her recipes.

I followed the recipe to the T. I did cut some fruits, and will arrange them, some muesli and nuts on the bowl, when he will come down for breakfast.

Then I proceed to make some ragi malt for my beautiful Kiara. After that, I woke her up and fed her. "You eat without any fuss, I am so blessed to have you," I mumbled kissing her forehead. Then I bathed Kriya and bought her downstairs.

"Eesha! You made smoothie bowl?" Shyamala Amma asked me.

I nodded. "Why don't you taste it. I followed the same recipe as Kirti's. I hope it eats just the same ".

"But why did you make a smoothie bowl?"

Her question was little weird. Did I do something wrong?

"Kirti used to prepare smoothie bowls for breakfast. I didn't want to change the routine..." Suddenly I didn't feel any confident. Oh God did I mess up?

"Eesha. Calm down darling. It's nothing. It's Apple and pear smoothie isn't it? Bhairav loves it. It tastes great too," she gave me a reassuring smile. I calmed down. I did not want to mess up with Bhairav's routine. Not now, not ever.

Just then Bhairav came down. "Shyamalamma, is my breakfast ready?" He asked as he settled down on the dinning table. Immediately I prepared a beautiful looking bowl for him and gave it Shyamalamma. She shook her head, took the bowl and a cup of Espresso and walked to the dinning room.

"Let's see if your father likes my cooking. I hope it's like your mother's". I mumbled hiding behind the kitchen wall. I could quietly peep form here and gauge his reaction. He frowned as soon as he saw the bowl. He tilted his head and looked on the direction of the kitchen. I moved behind the wall immediately. Did it not look similar to that of Kirti's? Stupid Eesha. I should probably look back into my gallery. Kirti always sent pictures of her cooking. Need to be more accurate.

Shyamalamma, came back. "Did he not like it?" I whispered.

She gave me a reassuring smile and said, "better than Kirti's".

Oh no! Would he think that I am trying to take Kirti's place? Stupid Eesha, can't get a single thing right!

"Here, let me hold Kriya for a while. Why don't you have some breakfast?"