28. The kind of answer he needs..

Kirti had always told me that she found great friends in her brothers-in-law

Kirti had always told me that she found great friends in her brothers-in-law. She had always been friendly with them. Everytime I had cooked something for her, she had made it a point to pack some for them. She would always call me back and relay their compliments. I would always think that she was making it up. She definitely was, wasn't she?

Now that I look at Pranav and Dhruv eating, no enjoying the food I made, I feel that Kirti wasn't wrong. They really loved my food. And that...that made me so happy. So, so happy. This is not the first time I have cooked for people. But this is the first time I have seen someone enjoy it so much. It made me want to sit down and watch them eat. It made me feel... satisfied. Which I haven't felt in a long, long time.

An appreciation for my work felt foreign...I am unable to describe the positive feeling that is bubbling in me.

A little time later Bhairav joined his brothers, he did not look as happy as his brothers. But he kept looking at me frequently. What did I do? Did he not like me cooking for his brothers?

After the dinner, Pranav and Dhruv left, taking a little bit of food for their wives.

"Food was great," Bhairav said.

When I turned around Bhairav was already looking at me... smiling?

Why was he smiling? His smile, an ear to ear smile, was scaring me. Everytime father was about to hit me, Kruthi gave me a smile, which was very similar to Bhairav's smile. Is that what is going to happen now? Would he hit me now?

The only mistake I could think of was cooking for his brothers. That could be the possible reason. What do I do now? Tell him that I am sorry and that I would never do it again? But what if Pranav or Dhruv ask me to cook for them? What do I do then?

"You seem lost," Bhairav brought me out of my thoughts. "Anyways, I am sleepy. Goodnight". Another smile.

Why has he not punished me? Is he planning something big? His smile is scaring me.

The next morning came with a new problem. Shyamalamma had made a smoothie bowl for Bhairav, but he refused to eat it.

"I don't feel like eating it, Shyamalamma," he mumbled. "Can I have some filling breakfast, please?"

Shyamalamma only shook her head and smiled. "Is your tongue craving your favourite food? Do you have time? I can make your favourite..."

"I do have time. But Shyamalamma, I want my wife to cook for me".

I froze. Vimalamma who was sitting in front of me with Kriya in her hands, froze too. Is this my punishment?

"Will you cook for me Eesha?" He asked me. I turned to Vimalamma, should I cook for him?

"Bhairav Babu. Eesha is not really familiar with tasty and healthy food Kirti made. Shyamalamma has an idea. She and I will prepare something for you in few minutes". With that she handed me Kriya.