34. The familiar pain

Yesterday was a good day

Yesterday was a good day. The brothers really enjoyed their breakfast. I was really happy that they like my cooking.  But the day didn't stop there. We..

"Eesha?" Shyamalamma walked into the room with Kriya in her hand.

"Yes?"

"When are you leaving?" She asked. It was Kriya's vaccination day. So I am supposed to take her to the hospital.

"I will leave in few minutes".

"Oh, nice!"

Just then the house bell rang. When we opened the door, it was Uma Attaya and Durga Attaya. Shyamalamma brought them in. And I greeted them immediately.

"How are you doing dear?" Uma Attaya asked.

I smiled. "I am good Attaya," I smiled as I said that.

"That's good. I just missed Kriya. So I came along, to spend time with her," Attaya said.

"Oh! B..but s..she has vac..vaccination," I mumbled.

Uma Attaya looked at Shyamalamma as if asking her to translate.

"Kriya has to get her scheduled vaccination today. You have come on a wrong day Uma akka," she added.

"Ah! That's not an issue. I can take her to the doctor," Uma Attaya suggested.  I hesitated. Will Kriya be comfortable with her?

"Akka, she probably doesn't trust you with Kriya," Durga Attaya commented.

I shook my head immediately. I trust her with Kriya... It's just that Kriya...

"You don't have to worry about that Eesha," Uma Attaya added with a smile. "I have taken care of her before you came along. I have also taken her to vaccination appointments, previously. If you are worried that she might have forgotten me, then Shyamalamma can tag along. I don't actually mind you coming along, but I doubt Kriya would come to any of us, if you are around".

What could I say after that? Shyamalamma accompanied them, I was assigned to prepare and deliver lunch to Bhairav.

How am I supposed to avoid Bhairav this way?

Anyways, since I wasn't given an option, I prepared his lunch. Just after I packed his lunch, Vimalamma walked in. She had kind of disappeared after the restaurant incident. She had avoided Bhairav all together.

Vimalamma gave me a smile which sent chills down my spine. I could see it, the punishment was coming. Just as I had guessed Father and Radha ma'am walked in.

One look at their face, I felt weak in my knees. I just kneeled down. I knew what was coming.

"When I came in, I wanted to ask if you have forgotten about us, about our rules," Radha ma'am paused. She put two fingers below my chin and raised my head. "Have you forgotten Eesha?"