Chapter 38 : Her Power

A frown appears on her lips the moment they reach their destination. She elevates her eyebrow as she inspects the door in front of her.

'This room... Why are they using such a tiny room as a bedroom?' She quietly thought as the knight guarding the room opens it for them.

The room in front of her was a storage room back when she was still living in the mansion. Unlike all the Saintess that was sent to the Temple, she was sent when she was at the young age of nine. She barely had time to practice her mana when the previous Saintess passed away.

It was all thanks to the Cardinal that she manages to learn all the things she needed to know as the Saintess.

"This is the room that Father has temporarily assigned to her," Rian quietly explains as he leads her inside.

'Oh... of course, it would be him. That disgusting man,' she quietly thought to herself as she takes a step inside.

Her eyes wander inside the small room before they landed on the sleeping figures. One is laying on the bed while the other is sitting in the chair near the bed. Her lips twitch as soon as he recognizes the one sitting in the chair while clasping her niece's hand.

"Galvin, dear... will you kindly explain to me why that man is here holding her hand?" she said as she let go of Galvin's hand and glared at the sleeping man.

The said man flinches the moment he felt a menacing aura being directed at him. As he opens his eyes, he quickly recognizes where it coming from.

"Ah, the old lady is here," he muttered before letting go of Errissa's hand to stand up and start stretching.

An irk mark appears on her forehead as her eyebrow twitch. The memory of their first meeting resurfaces in her mind the more she glares at the said man.

"Did you say something?" she spoke with a light tone yet she eyes him sharply.

Aiden just shrugged his shoulders before directing his attention to Rian, "I will wait outside."

"You! Ahem... It has been a long time Young Master of the tower," Haviona caught herself on time to halt her outburst before calming down.

Aiden stopped from leaving the side of the bed when he heard Errissa groaning in pain once again. He was not even paying attention to what Haviona have said to him.

"..."

"Aiden!" Rian call for his attention when he caught him staring at the sleeping face of his sister.

"Yeah sure, it has been a while... your grace," he responds before turning his back on her to hold Errisssa's hand once again, before sitting down on the chair with a defeated sigh.

Aiden can feel two sets of eyes glaring at his back, but he just ignores them.

'This boy...!' Haviona is barely holding herself back from lashing out against Aiden. But she knew she cannot do anything to the man in front of him.

She can still remember the first time they have met, it was when the previous master of the tower introduces him to her. To maintain a peaceful atmosphere between the Temple and the Tower... the Temple has opened the doors to them. The master of the Tower will introduce their heir to the Temple and ask for their blessings. While the Temple will ask the Tower for the inventions, they have to improve their services.

Haviona has the authority to control everything inside the Temple, all except for the bond between the Temple and the Tower.

Taking deep breaths, her body relaxes as she directs her attention to the lady laying in bed.