Chapter 63 : Shambles (part 2)

"Where is that child?" The Saintess mumbled as she glances around the room.

She has been trying to find Errissa after she was done talking with the Queen. She remembers leaving her near the buffet table but when she came back... Errissa is no longer there. She has tried asking the knight that she secretly assigned to Errissa.

"The lady Errissa has left together with Tower master," the knight answered as he lowers his head.

Haviona has found him walking towards him before quietly lowering his head to her.

He was the one assigned as Errissa's temporary knight for today. He was supposed to escort Errissa back to the Saintess after she is done eating. Yet he did not manage to fulfill his tasks the moment Aiden arrived... along with the Crown Prince.

"Didn't I tell you to bring her to me once she is done eating? We cannot leave her alone here not knowing who will dare harm her?" she responds to the knight as she tries to calm her anger.

She is fully aware that there are still nobles who are against Errissa becoming the next Saintess. It was one of the topics that she was talking to the Queen about.

"I apologize, your grace. I did not dare to disturb her conversation with his highness and when I notice she is not feeling well the tower master has already teleported her away from the palace, " the knight answered recalling the event that gave happened earlier.

He was going to approach her the moment he noticed her odd behavior. But before he can even approach her, Aiden has already used a teleportation spell to leave the palace. As he is not that well versed in magic, he was lost to where he can find them.

"Why? Did something happen between them?" she asks as she glances to where the Prince is currently standing.

He is now together with Lianne, and they are currently talking to a group of nobles.

'I have to do something about that mission he has assigned her.'

"No, your grace. The lady seems to be enjoying their talk. But... The lady suddenly paled the moment she saw the heir of Archduke Wandallyn."

"Wandallyn? You say?" she asks with her eyebrow rose in confusion.

She met him briefly back when the Archduke has brought him to the Temple before.

"What business would she have with them? Never mind that. I want you to find her. I don't trust that boy with my niece," she said in a grim tone.

"Yes, your grace," the knight answered as he walks away to find Errissa.

Letting out a tired sigh, she scanned the crowd once more only to meet eye to eye with the Queen.

She suddenly remembers her conversation with the Queen and the investigation that the Crown Prince is leading.

'I do not know how long her majesty and I can hide them. Since that little Prince is starting to investigate the Temple. I will need to distract him for a bit before he tries to dig more. And for that... I need Errissa to feed him different information than the one he needs.' Haviona thought to herself before glancing away from the Queen.

Haviona knew that she needs to distance herself from the Queen to avoid any speculation from the Prince.

She was about to take a step to try and look for Errissa once again when she felt a hand grab hers.

"Hey!" she exclaimed as she turns to glare at the rude one who suddenly grab her hand.

But her eyes widen in surprise the moment she recognizes the man grinning in front of her. A shiver of disgust crawled throughout her body as a frown formed on her red lips.

"Ah! My dear Saintess!" The King exclaim as his eye glimmer in excitement.

His eye roams from her eyes to her lips, and all over her body. Haviona has to bite her lips to prevent herself from saying harsh words to the King, especially when there are nobles around them.

Instead, she forcefully removes the King's hand from hers and gave him a cold glare. She can feel her mana slowly trying to seep out from her as she took a deep breath to calm her heart.

'Calm down... I cannot lose control here.'

"I apologize... your majesty, but I need to go now. I am afraid I simply do not have time tonight. I still have to find my niece, Errissa... since she wasn't feeling well," she said as she nods her head slightly before turning her back to the King.

"W-wait! My Saintess! Just a bit of your time! That is all I need!" The king hastily spoke as he try to follow her through the crowd.

*Bathump! Bathump!*

'Can't he tell that I do not want to have anything to do with him?!'

Haviona can feel her emotions bubbling in her heart as she tries to run away from the King. Yet he continues to try and catch up to her. No one... no nobles try and save her from the King.

Every noble that they passed by merely avoided their gaze from them. They knew not to stop the King from his pursuit. Even if the one he is pursuing is the Saintess.

'Of course. No one can interfere with the King. Even if they have already witnessed him, hit on a young child before! These despicable stuck-up nobles!' She angrily thought to herself.

The only reason why she knew that the King once tried to flirt with a FIFTEEN-year-old young lady is that the Queen has told informed her. It was a good thing Prince Alaric have manage to save the young lady from becoming the King's toy.

Gritting her teeth, she can feel her mana pulsing through her veins as her heart thump wildly in her chest.

*Bathump! Bathump!*

She can feel her aura slowly seeping out of her body as her breathing is becoming heavy.

*Bathump! Bathump!*

Taking another deep breath, she can still hear the King talking to her as he continues to try and catch up to her.

"My Saintess! Please! Wait for me!"

'*Bathump! Bathump!*

'Should I just end him right now?'

"Saintess," a voice called out to her right before she tried to turn to face the King and blast him off.

She turn to where the voice came from and saw the Cardinal walking towards her. With a small smile on his lips yet his eyes are looking at her with concern.

She took a deep breath as she relaxes her clenched jaw before stopping in her tracks. This is the first time in a long while that she is happy to see him.

"Ah! You finally waited for me!" the King exclaimed as he was about to grab her hand when the Cardinal places his hand on Haviona's shoulders before gently pulling her closer to him.

"W-what?" the king exclaims in surprise as he did not notice the Cardinal's presence before.

"Calm down and control your mana. I cannot let you ruin your reputation just because of this fool," The Cardinal whispers in her ear before turning to face the King, giving him a bright smile.

He took a step forward to shield Haviona with his body from the King's eyes.

"It's such a joyous night, your majesty! May I have some of your time to talk more about the future of this Kingdom?" the Cardinal simply says as he watches the King tries to catch a glimpse of Haviona once again.

"Ah? Yes? Yes! It is a joyous night that is why you would mind leaving us for a moment? I still have something to talk to the Saintess," the king answers clearly ignoring the Cardinal.

The Cardinal's lip twitched in annoyance as he stare coldly at the King who is still busy trying to get the Saintess' attention.

But before an answer slipped from the Cardinal's mouth... the door of the room burst open revealing an out-of-breath knight.

"E-Emergency!! The-- The Duchy!! The Redmond Duchy!!!" The knight yelled gaining the attention of everyone.