Chapter 74 : You And I

No! How could this happen??? How could I...? How --why??

I freeze in my spot as I stare at the scene that has unfolded.

My younger self, lifeless body lying on top of Rosaline's lap, as she continues to cry her heart out.

*Bathump! Bathump!*

I imagined that, despite his ruthless behavior towards Errissa... towards me, he had at some point cared for me. I can at least hope for that much as I am his child, right? And yet...

I shift my attention to him. He is still reeling in pain from Rosaline's punch.

He... he killed me. My father has killed me...

I felt my knees buckle down as I found myself sitting on the cold floor while still staring at Rosaline trying to wake me up.

How could...?

How is he this ruthless? How could he...

Am I not his child? His own flesh and blood? Isn't he the reason why I am alive? So why... why could he...

What about those memories? What about the memories I have seen with him caring for me, despite it being clumsy? Are all of those nothing but an act? Is that it?

I can feel tears pooling in the corner of my eyes as my heart squeezes painfully inside my chest.

'Oh, why are you whining? Are you still hoping for love from him? Ha! Wake up! This is not the time for you to act like a weakling! So what if we had already died back then? That was nothing compared to all the things we have experienced while growing up in that house! In that place where HE is in control! So what if he had portrayed us as a villainess? We survived! We endure all of that! That is why you have to stand up! You still have a mission to carry out! And a plan to be fulfilled!'

*Bathump! Bathump!*

Deep within me, there is always this voice that kept on talking to me... A voice so familiar and so distant at times.

Or maybe it's because I am gradually losing my mind, and that is the reason why I am hearing her voice... my own voice.

*Bathump! Bathump!*

Just who am I really? Just who is this voice within me? I...

"Are we really on the right track?" I mutter quietly as I glance down at my trembling hand.

'Who knows? And if we are not, are you just going to give up? After everything, we've been through? After all the sacrifices we had made?'

"Rissa!! I will not give up on you! I--I! I will share with you my life! As long as I live, you will live beside me! So, please! I beg you! Open your eyes!"

Rosaline's desperate voice roused me up from my thoughts as I stare at her crying face. She is still trying to revive me with everything she got, and here I am pitying myself.

"You are right, Errissa. We can't give up now. Whether the outcome of this or whatever ending will come out of this path... I will continue pushing forward. I want to uncover the whole truth. I want to find the answers to all the questions inside my head, and to do that I have to complete this foolish mission."

Placing a hand above my chest, a magic circle appeared below it as her whole body shines.

I know that spell she is trying. That is a spell that will connect her life to mine. So as long as she is alive, I will continue living. And if she dies, I will die as well.