Chapter 54 : ̷W̷e̷ ̷F̷i̷n̷a̷l̷l̷y̷ ̷M̷e̷e̷t̷ ̷A̷g̷a̷i̷n̷

*Bathump! Bathump!*

Her heart thumps wildly inside her, as she nibbles her lips.

"I-i'm s-sorry! I didn't k-know!" Her cry echoes through the silent forest as she can feel the burning gaze of her mother.

'N-no! Stop! This is not the time for that!' She forces herself to erase the image that has been haunting her.

"It was the house of Kramis that dares try to plant spies inside the palace walls. It turns out they are trying to anger Errissa and turn her back as a Villainess. For what reason they never reveal it," as soon as Lianne heard what Kaira has said, she felt her blood boil in anger.

Her mana is now seeping out of her body as her golden eyes glowed dangerously. No one... no one can use her sister like that.

'How could they attempt to harm her?!' Lianne can feel her mana, along with her anger bubbling... waiting to be released.

Kaira flinches in surprise at what she is witnessing. A shiver went down her spine as she can feel the suffocating aura of her friend. It was a good thing that no one else was there beside them... or a vicious rumor will spread.

'This is the reason why I introduced that topic. Lianne, you are really extremely vulnerable when the topic is about your sister. Corrupt nobles will definitely take advantage of you,' she thought to herself as she stands up from her seat and walked toward her friend.

This is not the first time she has witnessed Lianne's outburst. The first she witnessed it was during the time that some lady has tried to push Errissa down the stairs before. It was a good thing that Errissa avoided it, making the student fall instead.

From then on, Lianne informed her about the way she cannot control her mana whenever her emotions are at a high.

Placing her left hand on top of Lianne's shoulder, she gave it a gentle squeeze enough for Lianne to break from her daze. Her heart is pounding with worry for Lianne's future, especially since Alaric is unaware of her condition.

She tried convincing Lianne before to tell Alaric about her mana flow's condition but she refused to do so. Her reason? She doesn't want to be a burden to him. Kaira only manages to let out a tired sigh while shaking her head. She can't believe how dumb that reason is.

"Let's stop with this topic... Calm down and fix yourself," she spoke softly as she pours another cup of tea for Lianne.

"I--I'm sorry..." Lianne mumble quietly as she took a sip of her tea. Her mana has slowly returned to normal.

"It will be a bit difficult for me to send you another batch of your medicine once I get married. So please... please promise me you will tell Alaric about this," Kaira whispered in her ear as she lower herself.

Ever since she has found out about Lianne's condition. She tried searching for a way to help her, and the ending result is a medicinal pill that can temporarily ease her tension.

"...I will think about it," Lianne mumbles as she stares at her tea.

Kaira let out a sigh from the strong-willed personality of her friend.

"Oh! I almost forgot. Lianne, whatever you will see inside this envelope. I need you to remain calm," Kaira said as she places down a brown envelope.

Lianne elevates her eyebrow from hearing her friend's words.

"W-why?" she stutters as she eyes the envelope.

"Just... Well, take a look and you will understand why."